Drol

Garfield2010

There I was having a great time yesterday in the 94.7. Perfect weather and a truly wonderfull organised race as ever. Got to about 60km and then I heard him. Die drol somewhere in the back of the bunch shouting about people holding their lines etc..... It is not so much the line holding that I have an issue with but more the way this guys is shouting and screaming at people with disregard...

Why do we always get them?

In a bunch people do move around, it is normal. This is not athletics and we do not have lanes like in the 200m etc.

As far as I am concerned all is well as long as no one makes any major sudden movements.

I looked around at this guy in his early fifties with a gruis snor and saw he was very tired. For a moment I considered to fall back a bit and ask him what his story was and why he was so angry all of a sudden when I saw him eating a gel and throwing the leftovers in the veldt right next to the road. I decided to rather keep to my own race and not approach this ignorant bastard as I didnt want to get into a fight... (given I did not see the guy not holding his line etc but still nothing justifies that reaction)

I still enjoyed the race though - but it is just funny how these "idiots" always pitch up...

Can CSA not have a complaints department for guys like these? THen you take down the guys number and he can be investigeted for whatever reason.....

If 10 people during the race sees him litter or react overly angry at other cyclists and all of them lays compaints then surely something could be done about this?

What do you think? Am I overreacting?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jy moes so voor hom gery het, en n lekker stewige kreunige poep gelos het terwyl hyt so hap vir daardie gel....dan sal hy weet wat mense van hom dink.... ;)

Can CSA not have a complaints department for guys like these?

If the CSA had a complaints department, they would be the biggest employer in South Africa. :P

Jy moes so voor hom gery het, en n lekker stewige kreunige poep gelos het terwyl hyt so hap vir daardie gel....dan sal hy weet wat mense van hom dink.... ;)

Haha

Never mind this shouting... the LITTERING is unacceptable!!! there is NO excuse what so ever! obviously you were carrying that gel/whatever somewhere on you... so put the packet back FFS!!!!!!!! that was the real bummer on the race the gel packets lying everywhere on the road.... i hope those of you who did litter get a cramp SO BIG that it becomes permanent!!!!

A good squirt over the shoulder with your drinks bottle also works, or just sitting up infront of him and giving him a dead wheel. Then you could also try a switch manoeuvre and apologise profusely if he bins it.

Ja but seriously if we see these guys and get their numbers then can we not do something? I am not saying it should be a free for all but if the same guy gets pinned for littering (or being a ****) by a number of different cyclist over various races then obviously CSA or whoever can be relatively sure that he is guilty?

Make one example and suspend a guy and I promise you people will be more carefull to just litter etc.........

I wonder if the guys who litter also throw coke cans etc out of their car windows on the roads?? -- it is all the same in my view....

Edited by Garfield2010

I must say that there were an abundance of w@nkers like that out there yesterday.

Some real petty remarks when passing slower riders in the right hand part of the road and just general arrogance. (Some of these comments came from a big group wearing Vodacom branded kit on the N14) :thumbdown:

I thought we were all there to enjoy ourselves? :(

Anyway, myself and my mates enjoyed it! Thank you to all the friendly people I met yesterday! :thumbup:

Why is it always the gruis-snorre-dudes ruining it for everyone. Had the same experience at the Argus this year with a ou-toppie thinking he owned the road, shouting at people left right and centre.

I made the mistake of telling the oke to cool-down, only to get an elbow in the ribs. Idiot!

Edited by dee_biker

I must say that there were an abundance of w@nkers like that out there yesterday.

Some real petty remarks when passing slower riders in the right hand part of the road and just general arrogance. (Some of these comments came from a big group wearing Vodacom branded kit on the N14) :thumbdown:

I thought we were all there to enjoy ourselves? :(

Anyway, myself and my mates enjoyed it! Thank you to all the friendly people I met yesterday! :thumbup:

That is exactly the thing. It is not what is said, it is how it is said. In any case is the reason for "seeding" not to sort out slow vs fast? So why are people starting at 09h30 and then get upset if they have to pass through 15,000 riders?

I think in future races I will take tear gas with me.... but it will not be for criminals.... it will be for fellow bike arseholes!!

I am going to design a Superman/Greenpeace cycling suit and if I see you litter I will **** you up!

Have any one seen the movie Kick-ass??

So beware people.....

We had the same in our group D, it's as if some of these guys just learnt some new words "keep your line"

I'll show you a line, come Mtb with me!!

Why is it always the gruis-snorre-dudes ruining it for everyone. Had the same experience at the Argus this year with a ou-toppie thinking he owned the road, shouting at people left right and centre.

I made the mistake of telling the oke to cool-down, only to get an elbow in the ribs. Idiot!

One of them tried it with me to after I POLITELY asked him to stop screaming. A cleated shoe to the shin works wonders in shutting someone up. Told him very politely that the next kick would send him over the cliff, must have hit a nerve, because I never saw him after that.

Maybe I should get whip like Indiana Jones................................................it will definately open up some options.........

Edited by Garfield2010

One of them tried it with me to after I POLITELY asked him to stop screaming. A cleated shoe to the shin works wonders in shutting someone up. Told him very politely that the next kick would send him over the cliff, must have hit a nerve, because I never saw him after that.

Cycling is a very dangerous sport!