Littering on Races!

Neg

I'm one of those people that clean up after fellow cyclists. The main littering problem is caused by people tossing tubes, water bottles and especially gel sachets. Banana peels, naartjie peels and apple cores are not a problem.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also don't understand these morsjorse. Bring terug "zip dit in 'n Zibbi - blik!" Hoe moeilik kan dit wees om daai papiertjie terug te sit ? Daardie flessies waarin jy jou gu kan gooi is nog die beste.

Are you for real?

Yes!

I subscribe to the 'take only pictures and leave only footprints' philosophy. Its very easy to think that your peel/eggshell/dogpoo or whatever makes no difference because its organic or whatever. But if every person that walked up Lions Head for example tossed their naartjie peels on the path it would look ***! The stuff doesn't belong there, so take it home.

WTF is "Lions Head"?

Went through the Suikerbosrand reserve two weeks back. Stopped to assist some other riders, and while stopped I was shocked to see Gu packets lying by the roadside. People clearly do not care.

mountain what is shaped like a lion. people can like to walk there on it.

Ah. Right. Remind me to leave a couple of bags of naartjies behind it's ears next time I'm there.