W Cape cyclist killed

gummibear

A cyclist has died after being hit by a car outside George on Tuesday, paramedics said.

ER24 spokesperson Vanessa Jackson said the man (41) was travelling towards the Groot Brak area when he was hit by a car at around 5pm.

The cyclist died at the scene from his injuries.

Jackson said the driver, a 45-year-old woman, was treated for possible neck and back injuries and taken to Mediclinic George.

Police were investigating.

http://news.iafrica.com/sa/765061.html

Find it funny how the driver always also has to have some kind of injury. Its like, "oh **** I just killed someone, I better make it look like I'm a victim as well". The only possibly injury she has must be bruising under her foot from pushing the petrol down so hard.

He was killed on the bridge crossing, the road narrows from NO shoulder when you cross over - you always just pray that there is no car from behing when crossing over - you are normally doing speeds of 65 - 70km/h. The cars have NO patience on this road!

Murder in the first degree, driving a loaded weapon and hitting a guy on a bike. But cyclists let us keep our side clean be visible and obey the road rules. RIP :( :(

Murder in the first degree, driving a loaded weapon and hitting a guy on a bike. But cyclists let us keep our side clean be visible and obey the road rules. RIP :( :(

+1. RIP cyclist.

Bet you she developed injuries after realising that she may spend a little time in a police cell.

I do love the objectivity on this thread...a some facts might go a long way to telling the full story.

Either way RIP cyclist. Condolences to his family...

Would like to here both sides of the story some investigating reporter take the story up and report a true story.Why,Why

Find it funny how the driver always also has to have some kind of injury. Its like, "oh **** I just killed someone, I better make it look like I'm a victim as well". The only possibly injury she has must be bruising under her foot from pushing the petrol down so hard.

:thumbup:

julle moet miskein julle feite agtermekaar kry voor julle vingers wys

5am in die oggend op n small bruggie

ek gaan nie eers oor die brug in my kar as daar n kar van voor afkom nie , dis baie smal en nevermind die feit dat daar gereeld ongelukke is as 2 karre aan mekaar raak nie weet ek nie wat n fietsryer op daai bruggie maak nie

Net so vir julle wat vinger wys, ek het so 3 weke n lonrun op daai pad gehad en moes 2x kyk hoe n groep fietsryers langs mekaar ry in n bondel dat die kar wat van agteraf kom heeltemal moet stop todat n kar van voor af verby is so meeste fietsryers is nie so onskuldig as wat julle wil voorgee nie...let wel ek se meeste

het gehoor dit was n pa en seun wat saam gery het en die seun het kaar op die bult gewag bo vir pa toe die ongeluk gebeur,

Sterkte vir die familie in die moeilke tye

R.I.P.

Thoughts are with the family in this awfull time.

and tunariaan, it was 5PM, not AM as you state. Lets rather keep this as a condolences thread

I understand motorists are impatient and genrerally are the causes of these accidents, but having an attitude that it is always the motorist is fairly close minded and unrealistic.

Anything could have happened and until investigated she is as guilty/innocent as the cyclist.

How many times have you come across people cycling like retards and you wonder how they have not been killed?

RIP Rider.

Edited by Chubba