Racing on a Sunday is a sin

stratus5

Statistically, six out of seven dwarves aren't Happy.

Last week I drove into the back of a Merc - a little person jumps out and screams "I'M NOT HAPPY!"

"Well - which one are you" I asked...

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week I drove into the back of a Merc - a little person jumps out and screams "I'M NOT HAPPY!"

"Well - which one are you" I asked...

Was it Grumpy?

More importantly, are you Bashful, Dopey or Sleepy?

This statement makes it very hard for me to believe everything else you write.

First act of religion ?

Like everything we will always debate and agree to disagree, but they were clothed because they were stripped from the beauty of innocence as a result of not listening to God.

It could be argued that the act of taking the bite out of the apple was religion in itself.

However.....Religion- what I see a lot of on this thread.

Relationship-something you know you have in your heart and by living it, there is no need to become forceful and try and shove ones belief down peoples throats.

The first one is what most "religious natters" as Eldron calls them, suffer from.

When you love your wife and kids and you have a relationship with them, people will see this, there would be no need to tell them about it.

I'm with you on the first mentioned there-the nutters. Most people that call themselves christians are in fact a bit nutty. (you can call me nutty if you want-I'm still 'learning the right path'), but again: by just being a good father / husband / worker / man / rider / manager / diver (whatever) won't make justifiable before God. You have to have faith. The walk by faith on the other hand is not a new testament idea. Hab 2:4

View it as you want, but they tried to cover themselves- period? They sowed fig leaves together-not God.

& it wasn't an apple, was it?

I've actually got many personal & online atheist friends that respcet my opinion & not argue with me over it. We both have our views & I rspect what they 'believe'. I just pray that someday their eyes will be opened.

Friends? everyone?

Was it Grumpy?

More importantly, are you Bashful, Dopey or Sleepy?

I must have been Sleepy ot Dopey when I hit him - or it could have been a Sneezy that caused the accident... I was Bashful when I found out he was a Doc then Grumpy when I saw the damage but eventually I left Happy.

That has to be the corniest paragraph I've ever written. Apologies to the gods of literacy...

I've actually got many personal & online atheist friends that respcet my opinion & not argue with me over it. We both have our views & I rspect what they 'believe'. I just pray that someday their eyes will be opened.

Friends? everyone?

And therein lies the irony of religious debates between believers and non believers...

Non believers debate from a base of logic and believers debate from a base of faith - never the two shall meet.

Personally I think religion is a great thing - imagine the world if everyone adhered to the 10 commandments...amazing!

Alas man has used religion as a means to his own end which (in my opinion) has reduced it to a perverted, twisted, death dealing, people abusing monster that deserves no place in this world.

I'm with Dangle on this one - the only way to have a pure relationship with your god (whichever one he may be) is to do it personally.

Friends? Of course - I have loads of nutters as friends :P

I'm with you on the first mentioned there-the nutters. Most people that call themselves christians are in fact a bit nutty. (you can call me nutty if you want-I'm still 'learning the right path'),1. but again: by just being a good father / husband / worker / man / rider / manager / diver (whatever) won't make justifiable before God. 2.You have to have faith. The walk by faith on the other hand is not a new testament idea. Hab 2:4

3.View it as you want, but they tried to cover themselves- period? They sowed fig leaves together-not God.

4.& it wasn't an apple, was it?

I've actually got many personal & online atheist friends that respcet my opinion &5. not argue with me over it. We both have our views & I rspect what they 'believe'. I just pray that someday their eyes will be opened.

6.Friends? everyone?

1.You are becoming like every other born again madman out there with that statement, whoever mentioned that, all that, would make you justifiable before God ?

2.I dare you to explain faith, and do so without quoting the Bible or any doctrine you can recall.

3.You called it the first act of RELIGION, not me, and by sewing leaves together also doesn't make religion, so relax, you are becoming a little defensive, this normally happens when the corner gets closer.

4.Let's not call it an apple, but please do tell me what the forbidden fruit was.

5.Who is arguing, you just have not been able to make a convincing argument on relationship yet .

6.What is that ? Are you asking everyone to be friends with you ?

Edited by Dangle

And therein lies the irony of religious debates between believers and non believers...

Non believers debate from a base of logic and believers debate from a base of faith - never the two shall meet.

Personally I think religion is a great thing - imagine the world if everyone adhered to the 10 commandments...amazing!

Alas man has used religion as a means to his own end which (in my opinion) has reduced it to a perverted, twisted, death dealing, people abusing monster that deserves no place in this world.

I'm with Dangle on this one - the only way to have a pure relationship with your god (whichever one he may be) is to do it personally.

Friends? Of course - I have loads of nutters as friends :P

I don't agree with the above, they debate based on religion and doctrine. ;)

Oh yes, do it personally, if most religious nutters followed that rule, they would win more people over as their actions would speak volumes.

Edited by Dangle

& it wasn't an apple, was it?

Nope, it was a glass of Belgian beer, apparently…

post-1604-0-33113500-1322211982.jpg

…which ties up with this …

I vehemently deny all charges!

Mmmmm Kilkenny and Guinness....

Just over an hour till beer o 'clock. Think I'll be smashing a few with a certain former pro bike rider… :clap:

Statistically, six out of seven dwarves aren't Happy.

That got a genuine lol from me.

And when I phoned a friend with babelas to tell her this news she said: "but why are you concerned about little people". Wadevile's gene pool, I tell you - its not getting any better.

I thought the Apostle Paul pretty much founded Christianity, and he was divinely inspired, wasn't he? Or at least he was instructed at the Feet of Jesus? So tell me again how religion is man-made.

If "man" didn't come up the idea of a "religion" who did?

If "man" didn't come up the idea of a "religion" who did?

Um, Paul was instructed by God to start it...

1.You are becoming like every other born again madman out there with that statement, whoever mentioned that, all that, would make you justifiable before God ?

2.I dare you to explain faith, and do so without quoting the Bible or any doctrine you can recall.

3.You called it the first act of RELIGION, not me, and by sewing leaves together also doesn't make religion, so relax, you are becoming a little defensive, this normally happens when the corner gets closer.

4.Let's not call it an apple, but please do tell me what the forbidden fruit was.

5.Who is arguing, you just have not been able to make a convincing argument on relationship yet .

6.What is that ? Are you asking everyone to be friends with you ?

OK-maybe we're on the wrong foot here. Didn't want to step on any toes- I am sorry.

1. Surely it's better to be a good person, right? Being a good or even an awesome person doesn't make you sinless, so who eliminates your sin if you are good, awesome etc.? If good is good enough for you, fine with me. Fight the good fight.

2. As I've said I'm still very new to faith. Have grown up attending church & since I've started to actually read the Bible you see a lot of differences in what they are teaching sometimes.

I'm starting to scratch the surface. Cannot define faith for you yet-sorry, but I'm not gonna try & then succeed in driving you or any other person away (as it seems to be the case now) instead of it being the other way around.

3. Maybe I interpret it wrong - thanx for pointing it out to me.

4. It only says fruit, so to say apple is misleading. So would it be when saying a banana then or maybe a pineapple for that matter. Just imagine telling this story of Adam & Eve & calling it a banana - even the respectful atheists & other christians alike would LOL...

5. I was just voicing my opinion, but as you saw earlier I'm not too good with words & spelling :rolleyes: Some people can't even spell, but they can sure build / repair an engine or whatever. Just tried to shed a bit of light on the subject. I guess trying & failing is better than sitting on the side & not even trying & discriminating since you can learn from mistakes.

6. Not askig everyone to be friends with me. Just saying I'm not bashing anyones thoughts & inputs & views here. In other words - I didn't mean to offend & if someone took offense-not intended that way.

Nope, it was a glass of Belgian beer, apparently…

…which ties up with this …

Just over an hour till beer o 'clock. Think I'll be smashing a few with a certain former pro bike rider… :clap:

A keg ?

Stella on tap ?

post-4100-0-25947800-1322212647.jpg