Racing on a Sunday is a sin

stratus5

On the seventh day God rested.

Ok ... the eternal, all powerful, omnipotent, omnipresent etc .. who has been around for millions of billions of years needs to rest for 24 hours .. makes sense.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not allowed to travel more than a 1/4 mile on Sabbath. If you’re walking stick made a mark on the ground, you worked the land.

But that’s Why Jesus come to earth to die for our sins, nobody will you to heaven out of our own doing only if you’re born again "Not by law but by Grace we are saved"

I cannot figure out which of these two statements is weirder.

This superstitious BS amazes me! And in the 21st century, nogal!!!

Ok ... the eternal, all powerful, omnipotent, omnipresent etc .. who has been around for millions of billions of years needs to rest for 24 hours .. makes sense.

As does most "religious" nonsense...

Ja, but I reckon he is a little tougher than you or I who have to rest after a mild day's work.

Sorry I said 'man - made' , but man tries to reconcile... Adam & Eve tried to cover themselves with fig leaves (first act of religion) when they ate of the forbidden fruit. Then God maid them clothes of skin to show them that by the shedding of innocent blood they will be cevered.

The apostle Paul was a jew & he was saved (converted if you will) & was sent out to the gentiles. Religion is man's attempt to reconcile with God (YHWH)

When Jesus (Yeshua) died on the cross he cried out: "Tetelistai" / it is finished. John 19:30

Spelling and grammar aside.. <_<

Tetelistai is also a Greek legal term that denoted "Paid in Full"

In stating that, I assume you rest your case?

Terminology my friend. Terminology!

Interesting to see how many people try to 'get their say' (in a bashing way) here on a 'pretty normal' situation. If you fell while doing a trick or whatever on your bike & someone laughed would the thread be posted here of that 'sadist'?

Religious lunatics... I know it's been said here, but you are allowed to ride on sunday. sunday isn't even the Sabbath. It's pretty intereting that it was changed from saturday to sunday by Constantine because he tried to unite the christians with the (2-3 different) sun worshippers of that time (32something AD). Most christians don't even know it & that's why they fail to defend their religion (for lack of a better word). Christians do not know what they stand for & why. They even think the promises clearly made to Israel was forfeit because of the rejection of Yeshua, but gladly stick out their hands for the blessings Israel was promised.

Indeed I also thought that some people take it too far untill I started studying the Bible. At first glance it's easy to make it off as fiction & ridiculous etc. ,but when you really look into the hebrew (& greek) the picture gets colour.

Christians dont need to observe Sabbath... Acts 15 if memory serves me well. It's true that we are saved by grace (God's riches at Chrit's expence if you will). We cannot keep the law (10 commandments - not 10 recommendations) The law is actually there to show us our need for salvation.

Just my 2c

Hope you get better soon :thumbup:

jdb. As you have done the above, could you please elaborate on The Cross.

Thanks

Freds about religion should be banned. Bob should become manager of spelling classes.

Dangerous words those Oom....! :unsure:

God maid? Cevered?

Nevermind that Paul was a "jew", Jesus was (is) a Jew...

I guess when you die, crucified or not, it is finished.

Try English (and come up with a better argument) and we'll talk again.

OK- I'm a fair speller, but sometimes my fingers doesn't type what I'm planning on spelling. I still type with 2 fingers (per hand)& thumbs for space bar & try to type fast-ER LOL

I'm sure you got what I was trying to say when I said cevered & maid

Not trying to convince you or get into an argument-just stating my opinion.

Jesus died & ROSE from the dead as a matter of fact. There were too many eye witnesses (spelling?) at the crucifiction & afterwards to make it off as fiction anyway. Yes people will make it off as a crap story, but people have different opinions & choose to believe what they want to. Eg. When the 'church' during the middle ages did what they did it was politically correct to be a christian. People thought that was the way to do things & if you step out of line you'll be excommunicated . Now that it's becoming more & more politically incorrect to be a (true) christian people choose bash & to make the church bad. Look at how many millions the christians have killed!!! If you say you're a downhill rider & don't ride downhills, only normal XC what does that make you? A liar (deceiver) & a(n?) XC rider. Not a downhill rider. You'll be known by what you do, not what you call yourself. Everyone is a "good king in their own mind" (got that piece from an In Flames song), but again satanists believe they are 'correct' as do homosexuals & our goverment leaders.

This topic (religion / faith or whatever you want to call it) shouldn't be something to argument about. Faith which is hand in hand with love cannot be forced otherwise it is not from free will.

If I bore you (not @ you TNT1) don't read my posts...

Again-I'm not trying to funnel anyone into a specific direction. You have free will & can do with your sovereignity whatever you like.

Sorry for the spellig mistakes (sure there's more than 10 :clap: )

Take care & drive safely (even with your 29ers)

Edited by jdb10810

This topic (religion / faith or whatever you want to call it) shouldn't be something to argument about. Faith which is hand in hand with love cannot be forced otherwise it is not from free will.

And this is His (God's) commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 1 John 3 : 23

It is a matter of choice

Proof that 6 out of 7 religious people are nutters...do you guys even read what you write?

Fook me - what a load of codswallop - it's like whatshisface demystifying the unknown is back.

Proof that 6 out of 7 religious people are nutters...do you guys even read what you write?

Statistically, six out of seven dwarves aren't Happy.

Sorry I said 'man - made' , but man tries to reconcile... Adam & Eve tried to cover themselves with fig leaves (first act of religion) when they ate of the forbidden fruit.

This statement makes it very hard for me to believe everything else you write.

First act of religion ?

Like everything we will always debate and agree to disagree, but they were clothed because they were stripped from the beauty of innocence as a result of not listening to God.

It could be argued that the act of taking the bite out of the apple was religion in itself.

However.....Religion- what I see a lot of on this thread.

Relationship-something you know you have in your heart and by living it, there is no need to become forceful and try and shove ones beliefs down peoples throats.

The first one is what most "religious nutters" as Eldron calls them, suffer from.

When you love your wife and kids and you have a relationship with them, people will see this, there would be no need to tell them about it.

Edited by Dangle