Racing on a Sunday is a sin

stratus5

And therein lies the irony of religious debates between believers and non believers...

Non believers debate from a base of logic and believers debate from a base of faith - never the two shall meet.

Personally I think religion is a great thing - imagine the world if everyone adhered to the 10 commandments...amazing!

Alas man has used religion as a means to his own end which (in my opinion) has reduced it to a perverted, twisted, death dealing, people abusing monster that deserves no place in this world.

I'm with Dangle on this one - the only way to have a pure relationship with your god (whichever one he may be) is to do it personally.

Friends? Of course - I have loads of nutters as friends :P

Good statements there.

Even you have to admit that religious nutters do have a certain extent of logic. For 1: As society push out God & religion / faith in modern times it is obvious to see the crime rates hiking. I see it as logic enough. Look at what happened the year the USA done away with the 10 commandments with the sudden hike in crime... It's the 10 commandments from an imaginary / invisible person we're talking about there. Not the government laws that's been done away here.

I'm a true mentally challenged- drummer / hiker / MTB-er (do I have to list 26' - then surely everyone will understand)

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They were clothed because they were stripped from the beauty of innocence as a result of not listening to God.

....or they were Naked because we had evolved to run in a hot climate - out-running antelope by chasing them all day and never allowing them to rest and cool down by panting until they overheated and were forced to stop. - Thus we have more sweat glands than any other animal and no fur.

But we love wandering about and we wandered to far from the hot dry shannavah and naked don't work in the snow to well, so we learned to cover up and keep warm.

A keg ?

Stella on tap ?

post-4100-0-25947800-1322212647.jpg

There's only one pub nearby that has Stella on tap. Will pop past there on the way. :thumbup:

Was this before or after the crucification? :unsure:

After. He was on his way to arrest follwers of Jesus when he converted.

OK-maybe we're on the wrong foot here. Didn't want to step on any toes- I am sorry.

1. Surely it's better to be a good person, right? Being a good or even an awesome person doesn't make you sinless, so who eliminates your sin if you are good, awesome etc.? If good is good enough for you, fine with me. Fight the good fight.

2. As I've said I'm still very new to faith. Have grown up attending church & since I've started to actually read the Bible you see a lot of differences in what they are teaching sometimes.

I'm starting to scratch the surface. Cannot define faith for you yet-sorry, but I'm not gonna try & then succeed in driving you or any other person away (as it seems to be the case now) instead of it being the other way around.

3. Maybe I interpret it wrong - thanx for pointing it out to me.

4. It only says fruit, so to say apple is misleading. So would it be when saying a banana then or maybe a pineapple for that matter. Just imagine telling this story of Adam & Eve & calling it a banana - even the respectful atheists & other christians alike would LOL...

5. I was just voicing my opinion, but as you saw earlier I'm not too good with words & spelling :rolleyes: Some people can't even spell, but they can sure build / repair an engine or whatever. Just tried to shed a bit of light on the subject. I guess trying & failing is better than sitting on the side & not even trying & discriminating since you can learn from mistakes.

6. Not askig everyone to be friends with me. Just saying I'm not bashing anyones thoughts & inputs & views here. In other words - I didn't mean to offend & if someone took offense-not intended that way.

1. There you do it again, going off on a tangent actually asking questions you need to justify to yourself and in doing so you fail to make a valid argument.

2.You have harper'd on about relationship and religion, yet you can't explain faith, without faith relationship won't exist.

I think you have heard your paster use the relationship/religion analogy too many times.

3.Only a pleasure.

4.It doesn't say fruit, it say forbidden fruit and for all good intents and purposes the apple has been used over the years to simplify things. (Careful you don't fall prey to religion in fear of taking a bite out of an apple)

5.If you are going to voice your opinion and shed light on the subject with as much conviction and authority as you did, then make it sound convincingly.

6.No offense taken.

There's only one pub nearby that has Stella on tap. Will pop past there on the way. :thumbup:

After. He was on his way to arrest follwers of Jesus when he converted.

So would Religion/ Faith then have come from Man, as they were already following Jesus, or have I got this all wrong? :unsure:

So would Religion/ Faith then have come from Man, as they were already following Jesus, or have I got this all wrong? :unsure:

Um, he was divinely inspired, so it must have come from God. Pay attention. You're getting to be as bad as the mystical-cracked-dale.

Not really. Paul merely formalised the early Christian religion. Judaism - and other religions - existed way before that.

Not really. Paul merely formalised the early Christian religion. Judaism - and other religions - existed way before that.

Yes, and the leaders/founders of all religions claim divine inspiration in some form or another.

Um, he was divinely inspired, so it must have come from God. Pay attention. You're getting to be as bad as the mystical-cracked-dale.

I am, just confused, as Tumbleweed said that Paul was divinely inspired by God after Jesus was crucified. So would faith/religion already be in existence by the fact that Jesus had his many followers & disciples before he was crucified.

Not really. Paul merely formalized the early Christian religion. Judaism - and other religions - existed way before that.

Now I get it, it was only the Religion of Christianity. :thumbup:

Who did Yoda visit to give his divine inspiration?

Why do you think a person needs a personal visit from a deity to receive inspiration? Don't you receive personal guidance and inspiration from God through prayer and faith?

I mean that's the whole point of being divinely inspired. Not everyone needs to be like Old Mormon Joe and receive visitations from dead American Indians and Jesus and whatnot.

1. There you do it again, going off on a tangent actually asking questions you need to justify to yourself and in doing so you fail to make a valid argument.

2.You have harper'd on about relationship and religion, yet you can't explain faith, without faith relationship won't exist.

I think you have heard your paster use the relationship/religion analogy too many times.

3.Only a pleasure.

4.It doesn't say fruit, it say forbidden fruit and for all good intents and purposes the apple has been used over the years to simplify things. (Careful you don't fall prey to religion in fear of taking a bite out of an apple)

5.If you are going to voice your opinion and shed light on the subject with as much conviction and authority as you did, then make it sound convincingly.

6.No offense taken.

I do eat apples. Not my favourite fruit, but have 1 every now & again. Not worried about the 'fall to prey to religion)-haha

@ 2. I don't go to church. As I feel that I don't learn from it. I rather do my own studies on certain subjects / chapters / books in the Bible & some mp3 material. thing is most of us have got an upbringing that had a certain religous view. So most of the time if someone comes with a 'new' idea that's upstream it will seem unconvincingly. Was just voicing my 'left field' view(s)

5. If someone would at least spend a fair amount of time on the subject & with an open mind the subject of religion / faith seems to be not so far fetched after all.

Bottom line: We are either a result of creation or a cosmic 'accident' . Are there any more options?