Racing on a Sunday is a sin

stratus5

Some funny comments!

I started cycling 2 years ago and really felt that when I am on the bike I could worship God with my gifts and talents. I never take it for granted and appreciate every ride - it is indeed a privilege to be healthy and able to cycle.

The main character from the movie "Chariots of Fire", Eric Liddle said "God made me fast and when I run I feel His pleasure!" I agree with this.

And while cycling can become an idol (like anything else), let's all enjoy the cycling in a healthy competitive way!

See you at the DC!

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't racing on minor places a sin? Or is racing on a Sunday as work a sin?

Does this then mean that it is a sin to a) race for minor places on any day of the week and b)to race for prize money on Sundays?

:blink:

Some funny comments!

I started cycling 2 years ago and really felt that when I am on the bike I could worship God with my gifts and talents. I never take it for granted and appreciate every ride - it is indeed a privilege to be healthy and able to cycle.

The main character from the movie "Chariots of Fire", Eric Liddle said "God made me fast and when I run I feel His pleasure!" I agree with this.

And while cycling can become an idol (like anything else), let's all enjoy the cycling in a healthy competitive way!

See you at the DC!

Agree 100% :thumbup: :clap: Post some pics of your cycling kit please and the prices

Saw this on a news24 blog ... LMFAO if true

"A story from a friend of mine - so its true.

This friend of mine works with a woman who has a 14 year old highly functioning autistic child. By all accounts he is a lovely kid, just a big one and one who does not quite live in the world we all do.

So the mother is at work one day and the son phones her at 1:30.

Clapping his hands excitedly he says ‘Mommy mommy you must come home’.

‘No my love, you know mommy only comes home at half past four and its half past one now. ‘No mommy’, clap, clap, ‘you must come home now.’

‘My boy, I can’t.’

‘You have to mommy,’ clapping frantically, ‘I caught a troll.’

‘No you didn’t. There is no such thing as trolls.’

Child getting distressed. ‘I did mommy. I caught a troll. Come home now.’

So the mother tells work that her son is getting into a state and she has to go home and sort it out.

Mother drives home and finds her son besides himself with excitement. Much clapping and exclamations of catching a troll ensue.

‘Okay my boy. Calm down. What did you do with the troll you caught?’ asks mother in an attempt to sort the situation.

‘I put him in the cupboard’ says boy, flinging open the under the stairs cupboard.

And there, huddled in the corner is a very frightened dwarf Jehovah’s Witness who had come knocking on the door only to be grabbed by the large 14 year old as his captured troll.

it's like going to church on Sunday, Monday you back in the pub swearing, smoking and beating up your wife.....and being drunk.... :thumbdown:

If you want to start a debate that means you not allowed to shop or do anything....you must just stay at home.

Your generalization is offensive. I go to Mass every Sunday and have done so since I was a kid, I don't drink, beat my wife or swear on Monday either, or any other day of the week for that matter. Personally I take umbrage at the comment.

I have just returned from a funeral of a lovely woman who I knew for the better part of 30 years, and who worked for me for the better part of 25 of those years. I visited her in ICU two weeks ago with severe liver cancer, she knew her fate, she knew she was going to die very soon, yet she was still joyous, she still longed to walk on the newly mowed grass, to watch the rain from her window, to travel, she had strong faith and was not afraid.

Remember that next time you make sniping comments from the comfort and security of a healthy body.

We will never accomplish everything we set out to do, all we can do is live everyday as best we can, or as best we know how. Personally I don't generally ride or race on Sundays because I like going to Mass, its a decision my family and I made years ago and we still abide by it, I make no excuses for my choices and I accept your decisions may differ, but in the end its YOUR decision, make it as wisely as you know how.

We will never accomplish everything we set out to do, all we can do is live everyday as best we can, or as best we know how. Personally I don't generally ride or race on Sundays because I like going to Mass, its a decision my family and I made years ago and we still abide by it, I make no excuses for my choices and I accept your decisions may differ, but in the end its YOUR decision, make it as wisely as you know how.

Best quote I have read so far... :clap:

:clap: :clap: , permission to copy and paste this uummm to email ?

thumbup1.gif

Hmmmmm. Are you sure it wasn't you in that car? Now, don't lie. You-know-who was watching!

Santa?

Your generalization is offensive. I go to Mass every Sunday and have done so since I was a kid, I don't drink, beat my wife or swear on Monday either, or any other day of the week for that matter. Personally I take umbrage at the comment.

I have just returned from a funeral of a lovely woman who I knew for the better part of 30 years, and who worked for me for the better part of 25 of those years. I visited her in ICU two weeks ago with severe liver cancer, she knew her fate, she knew she was going to die very soon, yet she was still joyous, she still longed to walk on the newly mowed grass, to watch the rain from her window, to travel, she had strong faith and was not afraid.

Remember that next time you make sniping comments from the comfort and security of a healthy body.

Grumpy it is in debates like this where cheap shots are taken for effect. They jump in and exit with their feet in their mouths, counter them and the badmouthing starts, You may worship the Spaghetti Monster or any other deity or religion but when you get that bad taste in your mouth and Micheal knocks, it is too late. There is no turning around then. You should have made your decision long before.

Your own choice, do or dont. Choose right as the folly of the decision may be profound, much worse than living in Johannesburg.

Years ago my son and I rode the Burger cycle race (yes it was on a Sunday). Near the end of the race we stopped as my son wanted to go to the loo. At that spot was also a massive traffic jam. One old gent in his very old Passat station wagon was also stuck in traffic, and he was blowing the hooter. I said something to him to the effect that he might as well stop using the hooter as everybody was stuck and no one could move. He rolled down his window and said:"F... you, I am going to church!"

Some funny comments!

See you at the DC!

I wouldn't normally ask, but are your initials FC? If yes, we know each other.

It is all about relationship ,not religion.Religion is a killer and is dead works,whilst relationship is knowing God and HIS heart.For those who are IN Jesus CHRIST,there is no more codemnation.

Edited by shimano 105