Coronation Double Century - 26 November

CycleTourWebbie

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

then the rules should state that there can be an exception.....why hide this from othere teams who might also want to use this method?

Maybe because they know every second team will try it then.... Some off the guys can’t even hold their line with both hands on the bars....

If every second team try it, there will not be enough ambulances on the route for all the broken bodies

in reading through the comments it was made clear that you could ask the organisers permission for exception on this rule.

But it is not in the rules....so how does a new team know about this?

You learn from the previous years..... Last year a lot of guys used it, this year we phoned them to ask and they said yes.

Next year you phone them, and then they will give you permission

Maybe because they know every second team will try it then.... Some off the guys can’t even hold their line with both hands on the bars....

If every second team try it, there will not be enough ambulances on the route for all the broken bodies

Like I said, how do you decide who can do it and who not?

I've never DCed.

Still dream about it.

I have huge respect for those who do go on this adventure.

What I know is that the legacy and spirit of the event is about 'teamwork', 'support'

The quest for a step on the podium is a different spirit altogether.

Seems like the organisers are not quite fully prepared for this emerging competitive spirit.

They better get ready as this is the 2nd year of some form of controversy or doubt or something not lekka at the finish line.

Well done, brave riders, each & every one of you who finished.

Edited by ' Dale

No - last year you couldn't feed from the vehicle either, however, like last year, if you were in a top team, you could request to feed without stopping (ie - grab a musette) .

In future, I suggest they have a bike marshal for each top team - to enforce the rules and look for people doing bad things. Then we won't have to wait on the results and there'll be no he said she said allegations...

I second that - with the kind of budget mentioned earlier, they can pay for him/her as well --> make it a pre-requisite for the "special" treatment.

Sorry buddy, but why are you suddenly the cross bearer for musette feeding at the Double Century? As far as I can tell you didn't even enter the event?

If teams, social or otherwise, are upset about the rules or not getting to use their musettes / not having the organisers explain to them what musettes are and that they can use them if they want to or whatever the fark, they should take it up with the organisers, the same as all the other guys who have an axe to grind about the event.

Other than that, I'll say this year's DC was awesome and I'm looking forward to us going faster next year. Thanks to everybody who made it happen.

Like I said, how do you decide who can do it and who not?

Think they already decided. The 5 fastest teams are allowed to. Work hard to get there then they will allow you too.

Edited by Guttergoat

I spotted one of the Torquepics that definitely showed a guy running with a musette to pass to a rider from cape town (no team name mentioned ;) ) but that dude definitely did not stop to get the musette.....

I spotted one of the Torquepics that definitely showed a guy running with a musette to pass to a rider from cape town (no team name mentioned ;) ) but that dude definitely did not stop to get the musette.....

Ja it was me feeding David Marree. And the team is Cape Town Market. Nothing to hide, as we have the mail and sms's from the race org to give us permission to do that. LAst year we lost because we stopped to feed, will not make that mistake again :)

Think they already decided. The 5 fastest teams are allowed to. Work hard to get there then they will allow you too.

Where does it state that?

BTW how can going faster make you safer?

I dont think you guys need bother about enforcing the rules. There will not be a DC next year.

We were asked very nicely to adhere to certain rules during both the managers and riders briefings, but it would appear that many riders are both deaf and illiterate. As you are aware the DC was almost cancelled this year, but management managed to persuad the traffic authorities at the last moment ...

So WTF were so many riders doing on the right hand side of the white line. Are you retarded? The rules are clear, the race is in jeapardy and yet entire teams were slip streaming faster teams even if it meant riding three abreast to the right of the white line. On the Montague road we had a bunch of FIVE teams all slipstreaming group 241 (I think). Half of them on the RHS of the road. One team slip streamed us for nearly 25km on the into wind stretch after Robertson.

Its a team event! So you if you all cheat as a team then its OK? Is the the cheating somehow diminished if you spread it out amongst 12 of you?

Its time organisers take us by the balls. Each team carries a "gopro" type camera and if teams are cheating and you have video confirmation, then its instant disqualification.

I know for most of us its a "fun" ride ...this is not about the result, but about the actual continuation of the event. If its canned, you know who you are.

Edited by stratus5

FFS, you lot can bitch and whine about nothing.

Like you often say, if you dont like the thread don't read it.