BEGINNER ROAD BIKE

Mav1234

Also depends how bad the bug has bit? If you go new aluminium I garantee (if you get serious about riding) you will be looking for a carbon four months later. I would go with that Scott thats a great price and you get a carbon frame, you could always upgrade parts later.

Why? I've been on an alu frame for the last three years, and will only buy a new alu frame. Carbon is NOT an option. My next purchase will be a Cannondale CAAD(most probably a CAAD 10) frame .

Carbon adds nothing new, other the possibility of weight saving, but that at the greater risk of acracked frame from a "side" knock.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

great prices @ Cajees if you know what you looking for.. BUT don't go to Cajees for advice! :rolleyes: :thumbdown:

Edited by Metzet

Why? I've been on an alu frame for the last three years, and will only buy a new alu frame. Carbon is NOT an option. My next purchase will be a Cannondale CAAD(most probably a CAAD 10) frame .

Carbon adds nothing new, other the possibility of weight saving, but that at the greater risk of acracked frame from a "side" knock.

+1

I just bought a new CAAD10 to replace my old aluminium bike. IMO it's a better frame / ride than any cheap carbon frame out there, and at 1150g for my size 56 it's no heavyweight either. I'm quite happy with aluminium, especially the CAAD10 ~ great bike.

+1

I just bought a new CAAD10 to replace my old aluminium bike. IMO it's a better frame / ride than any cheap carbon frame out there, and at 1150g for my size 56 it's no heavyweight either. I'm quite happy with aluminium, especially the CAAD10 ~ great bike.

Ok so how much does a CAAD10 cost? Doubt wether the Scott is cheap carbon.

Edited by Ceres

I have a chicken egg question before you buy your new bike.............

Does becoming a road cyclist make you an arsehole or do you have to be an arsehole to become a road cyclist?

Does becoming a road cyclist make you an arsehole or do you have to be an arsehole to become a road cyclist?

arsehole question?

Wasn't comparing it to the Scott on price, was comparing good aluminium with bad carbon.

The CAAD10 is a more expensive bike, no argument, but the point is that not all aluminium is bad.

A carbon bike with 105 for around 10k is cutting costs somewhere. The groupset is a fixed price, so it can't be there, and that only leaves one major component ~ the frame.

Goedkoop is duurkoop. Remember that when lying in hospital after the frame fails.

C/lab CAAD 10 with 105 at about 12500-13000. Cannondale does not have full 105 though, only drivetrain, excluding cranks I think). Brakes are Tektro.

Cannondale website link

Wasn't comparing it to the Scott on price, was comparing good aluminium with bad carbon.

The CAAD10 is a more expensive bike, no argument, but the point is that not all aluminium is bad.

A carbon bike with 105 for around 10k is cutting costs somewhere. The groupset is a fixed price, so it can't be there, and that only leaves one major component ~ the frame.

Goedkoop is duurkoop. Remember that when lying in hospital after the frame fails.

Ok I get your point but when I said go carbon I didnt say go cheap no name carbon. For the price for that scott carbon is the way to go.

wOW THANK YOU EVERYBODY FOR THE HELPFUL ADVISE.ALL THE ADVISE I CAN GET MY HANDS ON IS ALWAYS WELCOME.AS FOR THAT SCOTT AT CAJEES.YES I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHICH CAJEES AND WHICH MODEL SCOTT.

HELP

Saw this bike at Cajees for R 9 995 fantastic starter bike IMHO

Full carbon with 105 components and Mavic wheels

hI THERE.

Any chance you could tell which model the scott is along with which cajees store you saw it at.Thanx 4 all the help

<Troll feeder on> It depends - does posting generalisations like this make you dof, or are you dof before posting drivel like this? <Troll feeder off>

It depends on the 203rd and 204th digits of Pi

<Troll feeder on> It depends - does posting generalisations like this make you dof, or are you dof before posting drivel like this? <Troll feeder off>

The latter I would guess :thumbup: