24hour Rietvlei

MTB0007

Dont know which hurts more today my rear end or my shoulders from trying to shoulder charge some of those trees in the twisty bits. :(

Glad I'm not the only one who was "shoulder charging" trees in the early hours. :rolleyes:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

caad4, you guys the Edenglen riders? If so, I agree, you guys were fantastic in the last two hours!

Yes Klappertjie that was us. We had a ball..

Yes Klappertjie that was us. We had a ball..

Getting back to the dude with the air horn... We were contemplating throwing our braai tongs into his front wheel! He would probably have landed bang in front of your camp site where you guys could have finished him off. :lol: All in good spirit ofcourse! :clap: Great vibe, thoroughly enjoyed it!!!

Getting back to the dude with the air horn... We were contemplating throwing our braai tongs into his front wheel! He would probably have landed bang in front of your camp site where you guys could have finished him off. :lol: All in good spirit ofcourse! :clap: Great vibe, thoroughly enjoyed it!!!

We were very tempted to take him out. Lucky for him, his mates were visiting from Mahk.. err Louis Trichardt so we thought we'll be civilised, as their local club always displays great hospitality when we go and ride the Kremetart in June.

To MTB007, Ja, thanks for your company as well! You made us all jealous for the fact that you stayed clean, drinking beer, but we could see the "hungry" look in your eyes. Next year, promise you, you'll join us.

Thanks for the laughter, camaraderie, laughter, support, laughter and the rest!! Regards to Carola as well!

Nice meeting you too Tumble. Sorry for hijacking the payment, now you owe me one... You can buy me a beer sometime :thumbup:

As with all the events I enterred this year, the bugs got the better of me, but I tried at least. Ended up supporting the SS Category winner, :o mixing bottles, making sure he ate, drank and slept.

Was a great event, thanks Wendell, Lee and all others involved.

So that explains why I saw you at the timing area every time I was there or riding passed.

Here is Simon, the wheelie champ of the 24-hour (on our team's last lap of the event)

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/374909_10150428517620345_30965920344_8794083_696281882_n.jpg

Did Simon have his ring pillow at work today?

As I recall these are the categories as per entry and that we raced according to :-

Categories:

Solo:

Open

Veteran 40-49

Master 50+

Single speed open

dude you guys and your support crew are a must have at every race. i think i did an extra two laps just so i could ride past your campsite. was awsome thanx so much for the support. was great to have it there and out on route. you guys definitely get the team spirit award. (will have to organise something like that for next year)

Funny thing about our support crew is that there was only one guy who was there the whole time. Hell he made a lot of noise :thumbup: the rest of the crew there were actually our team riders and they made even more noise. Had a magic time :clap:

No event can be a success without ALL the participants. So I humbly thank each and everyone of you who participated in making my dream come true...the riders,The sponsors,the trail builders,the medics,the officials,Kempton Park Pipe Band,Lee, my wife and mostly the LORD for blessing me with such an "AWESOME" weekend. Thank You

No event can be a success without ALL the participants. So I humbly thank each and everyone of you who participated in making my dream come true...the riders,The sponsors,the trail builders,the medics,the officials,Kempton Park Pipe Band,Lee, my wife and mostly the LORD for blessing me with such an "AWESOME" weekend. Thank You

You and your team did an awesome job! And you managed to compete too! Respect! Already looking forward to the 2012 edition.

I had a great time, been a while since my last 24Hr. already got the dates booked for next year.

Well done to all those nutters out there - Single speeds, Sven, Ladies :thumbup: and just about everyone who participated, you made the event!!

See you's all in 2012.