[Event] Bicycling 24-Hour MTB - Omni-Motion

Ridemyplanet

If you get bored on the Van Gaalens River Trail then there's no hope for you.

Ok ok wrong wording,,, repetitive ??? I ride van gaalens every weekend not because I am bored!!

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok ok wrong wording,,, repetitive ??? I ride van gaalens every weekend not because I am bored!!

24 hour racing is repetitive, but as you get more tired, it becomes more challenging.

And Im rebuilding half a wheel tomorrow night. Such fun. Sheared half the drive side spokes off on the trail bike. Hehehe.

Would explain last night's ride.

See you guys on Saturday. Epic time awaits.

Racing and the sport of mountain biking are about teamwork, camaraderie and sportsmanship.

A big part of sportsmanship is honor.

Each racer is on their honor when signing up for a race. Whether you have a license or not is irrelevant. Honor yourself, your team and the sport itself by following the rules.

Thanks and have fun - Omni-Motion

24 hour racing is repetitive, but as you get more tired, it becomes more challenging.

Will find out as this is my first 24 hour

It takes about 3 laps to find the flow and the best lines but you are trying too hard in the heat of he day. Then the trail seems to evolve and you are constantly searching for that rhythm. As it cools you start really getting into the groove and the dusk lap is your best so far. Then night falls and everything changes. The trail looks and feels different - you start finding the flow again...

I won't even begin to tell you how awesome it feels to ride through the next morning as it gets warmer. :D

It takes about 3 laps to find the flow and the best lines but you are trying too hard in the heat of he day. Then the trail seems to evolve and you are constantly searching for that rhythm. As it cools you start really getting into the groove and the dusk lap is your best so far. Then night falls and everything changes. The trail looks and feels different - you start finding the flow again...

I won't even begin to tell you how awesome it feels to ride through the next morning as it gets warmer. biggrin.png

Not to mention the euphoria of sunrise and sunset on a bike!

Dangle will be doing many laps.

dont forget the midnight nekked ride...

Many dangles will be doing that lap.