Spruit Safety

nolipoli

Well, DHL is the most fun one can have on the spruit... it deserves some attention :lol:

It's your breathing that freaks me out....LOL :D

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's your breathing that freaks me out....LOL :D

hahaha!

I do that for asthmatic dramatic effect

hahaha!

I do that for asthmatic dramatic effect

Trying to figue out if the breathing was part of the original soundtrack, just a bit worried it was actually part of the "edit"...

Anyway, this is going off topic and i'm not looking for my first warning... rumor has it the mods are out to get us....

Hit the spruit today from Paulshof to the gardens and back. Seemed to be safe to us. Though there were a couple of dodgy looking okes by DHL jumps (not crazy DHL okes). I wouldn't recommend doing the spruit solo. . Above fratellis is a different story though. Oh, mud is bad, sewerage, not as much.

Trying to figue out if the breathing was part of the original soundtrack, just a bit worried it was actually part of the "edit"...

Anyway, this is going off topic and i'm not looking for my first warning... rumor has it the mods are out to get us....

Oh yes... the warning system... umm... back to topic then

Spruit Safety Tip #24: Look left, right, and left again before crossing the road.

oh and Spruit Safety Tip # 57: Don't try taking the "shortcut" on the opposite side of the river near the horse stables. You can get lost in that jungle!

Need one or two of these:

http://www.ghilliesuits.com/cooler/sniper_cooler1.jpg

Need one or two of these:

http://www.ghilliesuits.com/cooler/sniper_cooler1.jpg

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/399/fry.PNG?1307468855

Cant tell if sniper or Tumbleweed?!

Haha Aren't u just Funny Matthew ;) ! Punk ! Ya I only ride from fratelis to Botanical Gardens , but still ! U can never be to careful ! Maybe I just need some "friends" to ride with :( :( !! Just kidding !! What do u ride with in the evenings ?? The (pig ugly) canondale ?? :P

Haha Aren't u just Funny Matthew ;) ! Punk ! Ya I only ride from fratelis to Botanical Gardens , but still ! U can never be to careful ! Maybe I just need some "friends" to ride with :( :( !! Just kidding !! What do u ride with in the evenings ?? The (pig ugly) canondale ?? :P

haha! yup! I'm on the pig-ugly cannondale. So ugly that it deters any would be hijackers

man that sucks. Probably best to come out just before the DH line below DHL and use the roads (william Nicol) and traverse across on to Republic and then carry on up. That way you avoid the section below PnP which is very much "in the woods". It has had me worried lately. It is like an incident is overdie as it has been peaceful for a long time

• 4 weeks later...

I can't find the right topic to post this and I don't feel like creating a new post.

So here goes.

I'm moving from PMB to JHB at the end of May. Will most likely be living in the Linden area.

It seems this is a safe area of the Spruit to ride, if heading to the bot gardens. Including Delta park.

Hope to see you guys riding. This will have to form all of my week training, and then do something else on the weekends.

If the area group rides, give me a shout. I'll continue checking the group rids section.

I can't find the right topic to post this and I don't feel like creating a new post.

So here goes.

I'm moving from PMB to JHB at the end of May. Will most likely be living in the Linden area.

It seems this is a safe area of the Spruit to ride, if heading to the bot gardens. Including Delta park.

Hope to see you guys riding. This will have to form all of my week training, and then do something else on the weekends.

If the area group rides, give me a shout. I'll continue checking the group rids section.

PM me when you get here.

We ride as a group during the week and have a blast. Cool for you to tag along and join in the banter

PM me when you get here.

We ride as a group during the week and have a blast. Cool for you to tag along and join in the banter

Super. I will.

Thanks.