New PPA seedings are out

stratus5

Burger got a bit clobbered with a beta of 0.94 and the mystery rider two minutes faster than the winning time.

I remember that 'Ghost Rider' was in 10 minutes or so during 2010...

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The PPA considers the winning time to be 2:13, not the actual time of 2:15 for seeding purposes. 2:13 is supposedly the time the top riders in SA would have achieved had they ridden. Nobody quite knows who these mystery top riders are as even when Darren Lill (SA champ) competes, the winning time is lowered.

The beta of 0.94 is relative to the Argus. This implies the Burger is 6% easier. Cape Cobra etc will get a beta of 1.2 or more.

Finally I understand it a bit better, thanks. :thumbup:

My seeding 'letter' stayed the same but my numbers dropped by a few decimals. Good thing is that the top 3 races are all this Spring Season's - Die Burger, D'ville High and Klein Joostenberg.

@Zac - the seeding should only start deteriorating after 3 months (AFAIK). Although, if a race result has an index of 0, how do you add on, say 10% - math doesn't work there I am afraid.

My seeding 'letter' stayed the same but my numbers dropped by a few decimals. Good thing is that the top 3 races are all this Spring Season's - Die Burger, D'ville High and Klein Joostenberg.

@Zac - the seeding should only start deteriorating after 3 months (AFAIK). Although, if a race result has an index of 0, how do you add on, say 10% - math doesn't work there I am afraid.

So hopefully it'll stay on 0 forever and ever :clap:

My rides are almost all from summer this year, got 2 mtb events from june/july and another road in July.

But hey, I've got my B number already and i'm not going to trade it in to downgrade so I'll have it until next season :lol:

Gone from K to H.

That's with Burger, WCE and 2011 Argus as my 3 weighted rides.

You do any of the in between rides? The Argus has been penalised already so you might have upgraded further if you had another good result since then. Well done though :thumbup:

This is how mine was calculated now for a G seeding:

2011/12/04 Die Burger Cycle Tour 0.94 23.9629

2011/03/13 Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour 0.99 31.88148

2011/03/05 Cape Argus Pick n Pay MTB Saturday 1.69 22.13835

2011/01/30 Bouckaert Soenen League, Funride & MTB 0.69 28.6175

I have not really done any races after the Knysna except the K2C. So with summer coming up I will be doing road races and improve on the seeding

The Burger was good for me, and made me a stronger B, but not good enough to push me to A :( .

Same thing for me Andrè <_<

Tel die DC ook vir PPA seeding?

No. Sucks hey?! :thumbdown:

No. Sucks hey?! :thumbdown:

Ja nogal. Ek het nie ingeskryf vir die Burger nie omdat ek op die DC wou fokus. Toe vou my span en nou sit ek met niks :angry:

Ja nogal. Ek het nie ingeskryf vir die Burger nie omdat ek op die DC wou fokus. Toe vou my span en nou sit ek met niks :angry:

Dit is k@k!

Ek het al twee races gedoen. Net rustig gevat in die week tussen die twee - twee spin sessies vir 20Km was genoeg.

6:26 DC en 2:25 Burger. Vir die laaste 30Km op die DC en die laaste 10Km vir Die Burger het ek begin afk@k. Beter gevoel oor die Burger as die DC.

Cool, made it from Z to G in 3 months :)

Well done dude! :thumbup: My first season I went from X to J. This, my 2nd season, I am in B. You can do it man! :thumbup:

Well done dude! :thumbup: My first season I went from X to J. This, my 2nd season, I am in B. You can do it man! :thumbup:

Not if your seeding is inversely proportional to how your wife feels about you cycling... :blush: G will have to do for now. :D