New PPA seedings are out

stratus5

A for mtbing :thumbup: , but still a B for road :thumbdown: . (Not that I use the B, cause of league, but an A number would have look nice in the draw.)

Yeah, I feel you, man.

Keep on going!

Those Firecrests will take you to A quick-quick! :D

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! My New seeding is a E, after the burger it was a G...and from the race now at Journey for Sight it jumped to E....I am very happy :clap:

That gutter riding and breakaway stuff paid off.

You earned it.

Nicely done!

Yeah, I feel you, man.

Keep on going!

Those Firecrests will take you to A quick-quick! :D

Thanx for those encouraging words 'Dale, but only if it was that easy!:(

Thanx for those encouraging words 'Dale, but only if it was that easy!:(

Yeah, man.

I know.

Just sending some positive vibes.

A for mtbing :thumbup: , but still a B for road :thumbdown: . (Not that I use the B, cause of league, but an A number would have look nice in the drawer.)

It would hey! I am riding alphabet soup until spring league (I have a big weight disadvantage for summer climbing) but only qualify for B at the moment.

To get to A is going to be a moerse hard ride! How many guys actually make the A bunch? I got a 9.9 for Die burger (best result so far) with a time of just under 2:26 - how much faster am I going to have to be to get a sub 8 index?!

It would hey! I am riding alphabet soup until spring league (I have a big weight disadvantage for summer climbing) but only qualify for B at the moment.

To get to A is going to be a moerse hard ride! How many guys actually make the A bunch? I got a 9.9 for Die burger (best result so far) with a time of just under 2:26 - how much faster am I going to have to be to get a sub 8 index?!

Tiny its actually difficult to get a A index if you dont start either in the A bunch in non league races or in the elite bunch (or sub vet) in league races. So if you are not a junior who can start with the elites you have to be a gifted/talented/very dedicated cyclist to get a A index out of the normal PPA groups

WOW! My New seeding is a E, after the burger it was a G...and from the race now at Journey for Sight it jumped to E....I am very happy :clap:

congrats dude, now I REALLY wish I'd bridged to you on ou kaapse. I went up from G to F (although we both started in H group on Sunday).

Are you going to upgrade your seeding ahead of 99er, which is the next non-league race I think on 11 Feb?

congrats dude, now I REALLY wish I'd bridged to you on ou kaapse. I went up from G to F (although we both started in H group on Sunday).

Are you going to upgrade your seeding ahead of 99er, which is the next non-league race I think on 11 Feb?

99'er uses different seeding from PPA. Similar to Burger seeding method. Dont think they even look at your PPA results?

Thanks, yea I see that 6mins made quite a large difference, but now next time you know that you must join :thumbup: I am not doing the 99er, I will be using that weekend as a rest weekend as according to the program I am on and to spend some time with my lady.

Congrats on your upgrade, see you Sunday

99'er uses different seeding from PPA. Similar to Burger seeding method. Dont think they even look at your PPA results?

The Argus / 99'er / Burger uses your national seeding - http://old.cyclelab.com/Seeding.asp

Edit: my PPA seeding is 10.56 - national seeding is 14.078

I think PPA is trying to align their seeding to match the criteria with how they seed riders on a national level.

Edited by Tiny K

It seems there are a lot more positive seeding "surprises" now than a year ago, but nobody is thanking PPA while the negative "surprises" in the beginning of the year were followed by rants and critic toward PPA! Just shows, when something is bad towards you, it's not your fault, but if something good happens, we seem to believe that it is us :P

Never received my PPA number last year, so with all this positive seeding "buzz" around I checked my latest seeding as well. AND would you believe it I am a solid A! Andy if they put you in A as well then we know the standards are going for the dogs. :clap:

Don't really see the need to get/upgrade a PPA number if you plan to race league - not a single race you will need it for this summer.

• 3 weeks later...

update

fork it! the adjusted winner's time is 2:59! I don't think that even D' Lill would have done that! That is 9 minutes faster than the winners! :thumbdown:

Edit: for the bouckeart that is.

Edited by Tiny K

Cool, up to a P seeding now - started the season in S, and have never got higher than Q before so very happy with that. If I hadn't bonked in the heat and wind on the last 25km of Tour de PPA, I'd have jumped a group or 2 higher still. Very happy though, for me it's good progress.

My new seeding with the Tour de PPA gave is a 'D'...just missing the C by 1.2 :thumbup:

I am super motivated now and want my C seeding!

Eina!! Seeding took a clobbering with the Tour De PPA (that flat wheel really cost me) Dropped me from the higher end of "G", right into "I". :thumbdown: .

Guess I'll have to work hard at the Medallion and Bay City. (my next two races I'm planning / are able to ride.)