Transport bike in the rain

Sepia

Warning : new troll on the prowl...

Didn't get it all this morning TNT?

Chill dude...

Back to the original question: i take my chains off when travelling in the rain - at least it saves the bike from that annoying superficial rust.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or as my little niece loves to say. "Build a bridge and get over it"

You need to tell her that the correct phrase is: "Build a bridge and burn it." :D

Warning : new troll on the prowl...

Didn't get it all this morning TNT?

Are you saying I'm a new troll? :unsure:

PS. I got it all when I crawled into bed last night.

You need to tell her that the correct phrase is: "Build a bridge and burn it." :D

Will do so. But then she is going to ask for matches. :D :D (Cheeky little bugger, she is...)

Well, happy Friday all! ;)

Why doesn't the OP just buy a new bike when he gets to his destination!

Problem solved!! Thank me later!

Well, happy Friday all! ;)

Why doesn't the OP just buy a new bike when he gets to his destination!

Problem solved!! Thank me later!

Finally problem solved. :clap:

Rule #12

The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.

Anyone who transports their bike on the roof of a car is looking for trouble. Speaking of experiments, how was that rogue cannonball with the Mythbusters?

Anyone who transports their bike on the roof of a car is looking for trouble. Speaking of experiments, how was that rogue cannonball with the Mythbusters?

Luckily no one was hurt. But the house was busted.

he he he he...same old same old...

Been away for a month and NOTHING has changed....

you gotta loooove The Hub!!!

he he he he...same old same old...

Been away for a month and NOTHING has changed....

you gotta loooove The Hub!!!

jip Cassie, net so. Dis amper soos een v daai soapies op SABC....kan dit nie kyk vir maande nie, en jy het net 5min nodig om alles op te vang.

Think Rouxtjie nailed it....cable ties and black bags.....

or put the bike on passenger seat and wife/girlfriend/fiance outside on roof of car. :lol:

Lot of opinions again, but no fact. My pressure washer (and yes I use it to clean my bike) delivers water at a pressure of 110 Bar.

The equation to get water discharge velocity:

V = Sqrt (2 x g x h), where V is velocity, g is the gravitational constant and h is the water "head".

To convert "head" to pressure: P = rho x g x h; thus h = P / (rho x g), leaving V = Sqrt( 2 x (P / rho))

This equates, without losses to 148 m/s. With a small round orifice like the head of a pressure jet, the loss factor is roughly 0.6.

Thus the expected water velocity is 60% of 148 = 89 m/s

89 m/s = 320 km/h

So no, at 1/3 of the velocity of a pressure hose, I do not think the water ingress will be a big deal.

I believe that if it cant hurt you it cant hurt your bike. and very honestly, i did the experiment by sitting on a bakkie in the rain before, water at 100km/h does not hurt on your body (maybe a little on your face)

Lot of opinions again, but no fact. My pressure washer (and yes I use it to clean my bike) delivers water at a pressure of 110 Bar.

The equation to get water discharge velocity:

V = Sqrt (2 x g x h), where V is velocity, g is the gravitational constant and h is the water "head".

To convert "head" to pressure: P = rho x g x h; thus h = P / (rho x g), leaving V = Sqrt( 2 x (P / rho))

This equates, without losses to 148 m/s. With a small round orifice like the head of a pressure jet, the loss factor is roughly 0.6.

Thus the expected water velocity is 60% of 148 = 89 m/s

89 m/s = 320 km/h

So no, at 1/3 of the velocity of a pressure hose, I do not think the water ingress will be a big deal.

I believe that if it cant hurt you it cant hurt your bike. and very honestly, i did the experiment by sitting on a bakkie in the rain before, water at 100km/h does not hurt on your body (maybe a little on your face)

:lol: Love the dedication in your experiment!

It's a mtb. FFS! Over-think why don't you. It's like washing the bike. Geeeezus.

I edited your post. Play nice!

Slowbee