Transport bike in the rain

Sepia

eish and this so early n a Friday,

there are def enough people here that needs to get out and get some riding.

The guy asked a simply question, he is concerned over his bike, don't belittle him or his question, give your view, politely and step back, and damm guys, stop the personally attacks/comments.

G

Neither the OP nor his question have been belittled.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be a good bunfight, sorry, I mean muffinfight, perhaps a cupcake fight? :D

This is going to be a good bunfight, sorry, I mean muffinfight, perhaps a cupcake fight? :D

Choc chip for me, please.

Bated is more correct, but the "science" that follows is fishy so you're excused.

Tell a person to speed in the rain. Wow, That's responsible.

Cupcake? Cute. I call him muffin.

But, yeah, when, your back's against a wall, get personal. Typical.

I just spoke to my mate, Vinodh, who designs wings for Airbus, and he snickered at this. He reckons your grip of hydro dynamics is totally flawed - rookie mistake perhaps? - because there are four variables to be considered: temperature, pressure, velocity, density. Please elaborate on how you came to the above assertion in terms of this. You are not driving through water. You are driving through air with falling water. Very different from a concentrated source of water being directed from a hose. Driving through rain, he ventured, would render the viscosity of water irrelevant considering there is a barrier or lubrication. He mentioned a concept I had never heard of before - vorticity - which the turbulence generated by the bike on top of the car would cause and which would limit the compressability of water molecules and negate the chance of it working its way through the seals.

This is a layman's understanding of an engineering topic, as is yours. Maybe the real engineers on the hub can set us right.

Buy one of these ......& problem solved. Rain, snow et al.

post-539-0-72718700-1323407300.jpg

Buy one of these ......& problem solved. Rain, snow et al.

Where's a pic of the Colnago van? On that topic, my bikes always travel safely under a canopy on the bakkie, or on the backseat of the double cab.

Where's a pic of the Colnago van? On that topic, my bikes always travel safely under a canopy on the bakkie, or on the backseat of the double cab.

Watch this space!

Choc chip for me, please.

I'll rather have beer and nachos. After I ride the bike to work that is. I'll be sure to report how f&^ked the thing is cause it went at 100km/h in the rain. On the highway. Then I'll sue BMW for selling a faulty bike.

PS, I used baited for a reason. I'm not a noob.

Please crank it up in a knotch gents. Stop this sparring crap. Get a few good shots in. :D

Please crank it up in a knotch gents. Stop this sparring crap. Get a few good shots in. :D

I gave mine last night, weedmod and Vinodh backed me up this morning. I think JB is phoning a friend.

Another pissing contest. :thumbdown:

Grow up guys. Agree to disagree and move on. Or as my little niece loves to say. "Build a bridge and get over it"

I gave mine last night, weedmod and Vinodh backed me up this morning. I think JB is phoning a friend.

For vark stakes JB, get a move on already. I'm getting cold.

I'll rather have beer and nachos. After I ride the bike to work that is. I'll be sure to report how f&^ked the thing is cause it went at 100km/h in the rain. On the highway. Then I'll sue BMW for selling a faulty bike.

;) Thought you did.

ps, Does the drug den do nachos?

We need to get Robson Green here, wonder if he's caught a Borneman ..

I can tell you right now, that the impact of a drop of rain at 100km/h will do NOTHING to any bearing or seal. It wont even penetrate you skin .. :lol:

The next question will be if a miggie *spelling* will chip the paintwork .