And this is why I love the western cape

headhunter2000

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just returned from a 123km ride, including both Du Toits Kloof pass and Bains Kloof pass. :thumbup: :thumbup: You are surely missing out on a lot. Must really make a plan to come and ride some of "our" passes.

Wife and I love the Cape , only just getting to know it.If you can do the "wait at the top and stop at every coffee shop" thing ,I may just take you up on it one day.

Uhm ,just saw some of the posts in Two Passes thread.I'll drive the backup car.

Edited by Blokman

Mountains, mountains, mountains. ^_^

Between Worcester & Wellington - the north eastern face of the Drakenstein mountain range. In Slanghoek, a lil' settlement.

Nevva mind the Escom drade...

post-12015-0-93435300-1324641115.jpg

Edited by ' Dale

Wife and I love the Cape , only just getting to know it.If you can do the "wait at the top and stop at every coffee shop" thing ,I may just take you up on it one day.

Sure we can do that. :thumbup:

I had to scrap a planned ride this morning because the family voted to do "be a tourist in your hometown" today. I was a little grumpy, but all that changed instantly once I was sitting in one of those marvellous red topless busses that tour Cape Town. (We even went past Action Cycling.) It was a reminder that we should be thankful for what is truly a gem under our noses. The town was clean, friendly and vibey, really on par with anything anywhere on earth. The busses ran like clockwork, the commentary was good and we hopped on and off at numerous points. Strongly recommended and a bargain to boot! :clap: (1) St Georges cathedral for peace & quiet (2) Came across this guy at the Zapiro exhibition at the Jewish Museum (3)The 7th wonder of the natural world and a great place to Mtb (4) Camps Bay, good for watching but too cold to swim, unless you are from upcountry

post-17716-0-43966800-1324645075.jpg

post-17716-0-10861900-1324645173.jpg

post-17716-0-99981500-1324645196.jpg

post-17716-0-74482700-1324645283.jpg

This morning riding my usual Vissershok route

i've been riding Contermanskloof since 1994, we use to stop at the top and look at the gravel and say 'no, not on a road bike'. i still wonder why the gravel was tarred & who convinced who to tar the road and why only till just past the dairy. contermans was also popular for couples to meet out of the public eye.i can distinctly remember 3 different couples that would meet on certain days of the week half way up the climb to chat.