ASG Trans Baviaans 24hr MTB Marathon 2012

EcoBound MTB Events

Just a question for us from Johaanusbeg ..... about logistics:-

1) What accomodation is needed and where (i.e. night before/ night after perhaps), any suggestions ofr something reasonably priced (nothing fancy needed)

2) Would my son be able to find his way to where needed with a GPS/map for support?

3) How far from Jhb - start and finish back to JHB?

Any other tips/suggestions regarding logistics?

Just hoping others from around here could give some info ;)

Willowmore is about 1000km from Jhb. Make your way down there at least 2 days before so you have adequate rest time on the Friday.

Guest houses in Willowmore are mostly full at this stage so you can try the following:

1. Stay in Uniondale about 60 km away for the Friday night. This means going to Willowmore on the friday for race briefing and number collection and driving through on saturday for the race.

2. Try a camping spot in Williwmore caravan park. The ablutions are excellent and brand new. Each stand has it's own bathroom and you live right behind the town hall where the race starts.

Kabeljous in Jeffries is booked by the organisers so you can camp there for free although from experience I would suggest trying a guest house there... Nothing like a well used ablution block after a race hehe... You would want a nice clean shower/bath and a bed to sleep in after doing the 230km.

Regarding finding your way in Willowmore you won't need a gps since it is small. If you mean to find the route while cycling the baviaans I am sure it would come in handy with a downloadable route although I haven't used that so cannot comment.

You will be fine in Jeffries.

Try travelling down to at least Graaf Reinet on the Thursday... That leaves you with about 170km on the Friday so you will have enough time to take in the vibe in Willowmore and get organised for the race.

The TB is an amazing experience with a wonderful vibe... Enjoy every moment!!!

Edited by Falagar

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man! Decision made to go, now just to convince my boet and arrange a support driver ...

Just wondering how 'savvy' must the support driver be, will my wife manage as a 'normal' person?

Thanks man! Decision made to go, now just to convince my boet and arrange a support driver ...

Just wondering how 'savvy' must the support driver be, will my wife manage as a 'normal' person?

My wife was our support driver last year.Nothing technical at all about the route they drive.Anyone can do it.

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum but have been riding for a while. If there is still a spot open in anyone's team I'm keen to join for this year.

OK cool, thanks. Also quite a lot of other offers of help so we're in!

Monday we enter :)

I hope you have entered as the entries are filling fast.

Is the whole race jeep track/district road like the video?

Do any guys do it on rigid forks?

You do in rigid forks and I did in 2009 and mostly jeep track, no single track... Lots of climbing!!!

Is the whole race jeep track/district road like the video?

Do any guys do it on rigid forks?

Do you want to do it on the Fondriest?

Ek moet nog inskryf, sal seker more of so. Wil race. Kort net 'n teammate :whistling:

I have a friend looking for a team mate. He is strong.

I stand to be corrected - passing the 6% credit card fee to the consumer is against the banking act. You can however offer a cash / eft discount.

Edited by BMXER

Let me know plz?

I just spoke with him. He has found a partner. He is looking at a 10 h30.