ASG Trans Baviaans 24hr MTB Marathon 2012

EcoBound MTB Events

Weather was extremely cold last year hehe... Was an excellent race though. Make sure you pack dry clothes in your boxes... You have to organise accommodation yourself and you will have to do it soon since Willowmore is quite small... I also hope it is not necessary to do the Langsbaviaans this year hehe... Groot rivier poort is nie jou maat nie!

Agree, the lang baviaans had this little agent squealing like a stuck pig!!

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My experience was opposite..... I'd much rather do MAC than Groot Rivier Poort. I guess it depends then on the weather conditions and one's frame of mind at the time ;-)

Only 79 days to go!! not that anyone's counting :)

Typical cyclist, 79 days to go......... Cant wait to *** off again.

79days, o flip.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

wag nog vir my nuwe merida o.nine frame...sal maar die lang ure op die pad moet insit.

Typical cyclist, 79 days to go......... Cant wait to *** off again.

eish, still so much training to do and so little time to do it :unsure:

wag nog vir my nuwe merida o.nine frame...sal maar die lang ure op die pad moet insit.

antonj, best you start putting in those hours now dude.... waiting for a frame isn't going to get you over MAC ;)

I'm doing about 400-450km a week at the moment... About a month before the time I'll change the road bike for the MTB. Road bike miles at the moment, with a night time offroad TT per week to keep the tech sharp in the dark. Will also add a longer social MTB on Thursday nights. Will then be 50km in the morning before work on the road bike, plus another 70km in the evening on the MTB.

I'm doing about 400-450km a week at the moment... About a month before the time I'll change the road bike for the MTB. Road bike miles at the moment, with a night time offroad TT per week to keep the tech sharp in the dark. Will also add a longer social MTB on Thursday nights. Will then be 50km in the morning before work on the road bike, plus another 70km in the evening on the MTB.

I assume that your are single or about to become single :blink: .

Wow..... why do I suddenly feel inadequate?!?

I guess this is the difference between someone just wanting to finish and someone going for a 10 hour finish

Sub 10 if everything goes perfect.The last few years I've slowely lost the plot with nutrition, started with proper foods years back and ended up last year with nothing but chocs and sweets. Which ends up in a purge. My team mate is fresh off Ironman, so I'm depending on him to lay down some rules for nutrition. Training wise we're doing what we can, having to keep full time jobs down. Tomorrow will be about 132km, Sunday taking Mrs Azonic for a spin on the tandem, and in the afternoon some MTBing.

nee kyk, jy inspireer my. ek dieet maar en oefen so nou en dan.

eish, still so much training to do and so little time to do it :unsure:

antonj, best you start putting in those hours now dude.... waiting for a frame isn't going to get you over MAC ;)

ja nee kyk, wag het nog niemand iets gebring nie.

MAC isnt that bad - i rate the 3 (incl 2 Wangs) before MAC more difficult. Did Bergplaas from both sides this weekend, 1st time back on the bike in 6 weeks after flu and it isn't that bad.

Azonic - did you so the ride last night from NH to Van Stadens? Is it off road? What is the speed usually? Think I must join next week! Bet dress VERY warm...it was cold at NH last night!

Sub 10 if everything goes perfect.The last few years I've slowely lost the plot with nutrition, started with proper foods years back and ended up last year with nothing but chocs and sweets. Which ends up in a purge. My team mate is fresh off Ironman, so I'm depending on him to lay down some rules for nutrition. Training wise we're doing what we can, having to keep full time jobs down. Tomorrow will be about 132km, Sunday taking Mrs Azonic for a spin on the tandem, and in the afternoon some MTBing.

ons road span gan more oggend uit vir n trap, maar dis meer soos n team time trial. training is more like racing. **HuRTs**

ons road span gan more oggend uit vir n trap, maar dis meer soos n team time trial. training is more like racing. **HuRTs**

Jy kort meer lang stadige rides as vinnige rides né...

Jy kort meer lang stadige rides as vinnige rides né...

Hulle sê so, maar omdat ek nie daardie tyd beskikbaar het nie, moet ek maar die beste maak v wat beskikbaar is.

quality over quantity? hierdie tel seker nie vir die baviaans nie...??

Azonic - did you so the ride last night from NH to Van Stadens? Is it off road? What is the speed usually? Think I must join next week! Bet dress VERY warm...it was cold at NH last night!

Bergplaas isn't bad. By the time you realize you're climbing, you're already halfway up. And the top slopes can be done in bigring anyway.

Hayley, no I wasn't there last night. But I'll try make a plan from next week onwards. I'm racing the Time Trials there on Tuesday nights though. My rest days are Fridays, so doing that on a Thursday night will be ideal before the rest day.

A tip... get a buff to cover your mouth and nose. I ride with mine all the time. If you see a ninja on the bike, its me. It helps hugely to keep cold air out of the lungs and off your neck. And with that, I'm sure it helps avoid getting colds because you're not bombarding your lungs with icy air. Its pointless having all kinds of leg warmers, arm warmers, jackets, toe warmers etc etc etc, if your face is melting off and going numb from the cold. I've got a Merrell one, they sell them at NH for R100.

quality over quantity? hierdie tel seker nie vir die baviaans nie...??

Nee, seker nie. Maar "anything is better than nothing" tel beslis, so doen maar wat jy kan! :thumbup: