Olympic Cycles “Journey 4 Sight ‘n Service”

Heckflosse

If you actually went over the mat with your chip, its called cheating.

leave the poor guy alone. At least he corrects his mistakes.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

leave the poor guy alone. At least he corrects his mistakes.

I was just kidding in my posts :unsure: , good on you Zac.A for owning up :clap:

i haven't ridden the s suburbs rides for quite a few years (don't like the aggro traffic in the area) and i climb like a bag of cement. okw is just too close to the start for me....i enjoyed the ride once we were over okw....the roads are still in as bad a condition as they were when i last rode. traffic on sp'se'mag road wasn't too bad but then again it was still early. wind was a great leveller. i couldn't believe that some of the long route riders were walking up the start of boyes drive.

Guilty as charged. I started in N group and was hammering it up Ou Kaapse Weg, caught up with a bunch of L group riders on the way up. Tried to keep with a couple of a bunch that was just too fast for me. In the end I used most of my energy on the first 20km. From there on I just didn't have the legs. Used the short walk as a bit of recovery.

Good work today fella!! With hindsight I should have worked harder to bridge the gap to you on Ou Kaapse, but didnt want to go all out so early in the race. mistake!

Look forward to meeting you in the Stars bunch next week!!

Ross

That was the reason we pushed a bit, we wanted to get rid of the regular wheel suckers, overall the bunch of people we were worked really really well, we caught a few more riders of F - G coming down Ou Kaaps but that wind pushed me all over with those deep sections, if you were able to catch is downwards it wouldve helped a you a lot, this race felt worse than a 100km due to this heavy bad wind, but checking out the times I think it is going to help the seeding a bit :D

Will see you in STARS, don't really know what to expect, but the experience will help :D

Anyone know of any glitches in the results? Racetec shows a total of 352 riders for 75km route... I crossed start and finish mats but have no result.

That was the reason we pushed a bit, we wanted to get rid of the regular wheel suckers, overall the bunch of people we were worked really really well, we caught a few more riders of F - G coming down Ou Kaaps but that wind pushed me all over with those deep sections, if you were able to catch is downwards it wouldve helped a you a lot, this race felt worse than a 100km due to this heavy bad wind, but checking out the times I think it is going to help the seeding a bit :D

Will see you in STARS, don't really know what to expect, but the experience will help :D

Well done, a few of you from H rode well to catch the F/G group going up towards cape point. We were obviously fast asleep sucking our thumbs :thumbup:

Anyone know of any glitches in the results? Racetec shows a total of 352 riders for 75km route... I crossed start and finish mats but have no result.

Quite a few of my friends has no results as well.

Well done, a few of you from H rode well to catch the F/G group going up towards cape point. We were obviously fast asleep sucking our thumbs :thumbup:

haha, I used it to recover a bit but down Smits and Simons town through to Fish Hoek we had some nice pace ...I was in the front few there a while till Boyes, awesome ride it was :D Which one were you?

haha, I used it to recover a bit but down Smits and Simons town through to Fish Hoek we had some nice pace ...I was in the front few there a while till Boyes, awesome ride it was :D Which one were you?

I had a blue Unior kit on. We saw you and another 2 guys in front as we left simonstown but everyone seem not too worried knowing boyes drive is ahead

It is for that simple reason that I never reseed if I only move up 1 group cause the following race your old group catches and you just paid the 50 bucks :lol:

unless you borderline to qualify for league

I had a blue Unior kit on. We saw you and another 2 guys in front as we left simonstown but everyone seem not too worried knowing boyes drive is ahead

It is for that simple reason that I never reseed if I only move up 1 group cause the following race your old group catches and you just paid the 50 bucks :lol:

unless you borderline to qualify for league

I am suppose to be a G, just didnt fetch it yet, nice thing if people go up together you form a pack and then you all work together at upcoming events, the group we had was perfect, and if everyone can stick together like that it would help.

as for Boyes, we pushed a bit to get every second possible, at beginning Boyes I went a bit back, but my legs recovered well and I finished strong in the bunch when I caught at the downhill. Awesome race tho, think for the conditions the time we all done was very good.

I am suppose to be a G, just didnt fetch it yet, nice thing if people go up together you form a pack and then you all work together at upcoming events, the group we had was perfect, and if everyone can stick together like that it would help.

as for Boyes, we pushed a bit to get every second possible, at beginning Boyes I went a bit back, but my legs recovered well and I finished strong in the bunch when I caught at the downhill. Awesome race tho, think for the conditions the time we all done was very good.

another 1-2 races and you will move up another group.

You 100% right for a break to stay away, you need a few guys that are prepared to work together, thats why I thought you did well to catch us.

I enjoyed the race as well, its not always about the time, more about the experience. The wind definitely made it tougher and more interesting.

Looking forward to Tour de PPA

I am supposed to be a G as well. but having entered the league stars cat I didnt see any point in upgrading now

I am supposed to be a G as well. but having entered the league stars cat I didnt see any point in upgrading now

Exactly my thought :thumbup: