Fast One

Joker

Hi, I believe that the fast one's route has changed. Any one who have a profile of the the new route?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Route changed last year, a little less fast than before...

How much less :) - missed last years

Total ascent ? any ideas

haven't entered yet... wondering if they've sorted out traffic access issues from last year... I thought I was well on time and ended up parking my car on a grass patch about 6km from the start as traffic wasn't moving - so started about 4 or 5 groups down after a sprint to the start line... On the up side this is the only race (ever) I have been properly warmed up for!

reply from organisers on the above...

Thank you for raising the subject.

Yes, last year it was not a nice experience trying to access the parking area. This year we are not keen on providing the same "experience" to the cyclists again. Therefore, we are going to fix the entrance to the race track so that all can have access straight into the track, not by going sideways. We are removing the tyres barrier so that the vehicles can enter and we are paving the place so that, even if it rains, people will not get stuck.

Thus, we are sure our precautions will eliminate last year's embarrassing situation.

Best regards

Manuel Fernandes

Edited by dracs

Feedback on the new fast one. I think that the new route is definitly better that last year. Still not as fast as previous editions. But I think that from a logistical point the race is better. I think it was well organised.

Complements to the organisers. Also the best looking medal of all the previous versions.

I have to agree. The comments I read last year and what I experienced today was completely different.

What was the winning time?

After last year's epic fail, well done to organizers for fixing access problems. 10 out of 10! Fun day's racing :-))

How many crashes were there? I know of 2 in open/seeded... Is this the south's most dangerous race? (to borrow and paraphrase a bit)