2012 Tour of Durban Road race

The Big Bad Norm

An out of "Transvaal" race... and I just so happen to be in Scottburgh for the long weekend.. Think I MUST take the road bike along.

Going to S-U-F-F-E-R on that 'incline' to Pinetown.

Will the open group(s) be seeded?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys, a Group of us rode the Tour Durban Route today. The change in route is great , still out to Pinetown but on the Freeway after the Esplanade, up M7 and then turns off left on the M19 at Blair Atholl and winds down the back of Westville onto the Shova Route then left at 45th cutting winding down to Makro and back onto the old Route out to Westbrook turnoff. Adds a couple of short climbs to the race which will make things a lot more interesting.

Come on down from Gauteng for a Great weekend of racing in Durban!

"Interesting"

:S

How would you compare this race to shova - difficulty wise?

@catgirl - I know a guy who I can ask if no one here replies... But I say do the BIG one! :)

MTB on Friday ;)

"

After a whole new route was implemented in 2011, we had rave reviews. Best of all, it’s a route that meets everyone’s expectations, and it’s based right on Durban’s doorstep, with the start/finish once again on the Gateway Boulevard

• Date: 27th April 2012
  • Distances: 10km, 20km and 45km
  • Venue: Gateway Theatre of Shopping
  • Start Times: 08h00 (45km), 08h20 (20km) and 08h30 (10km)"

http://www.tourdurban.co.za/events

An out of "Transvaal" race... and I just so happen to be in Scottburgh for the long weekend.. Think I MUST take the road bike along.

Going to S-U-F-F-E-R on that 'incline' to Pinetown.

Will the open group(s) be seeded?

The 'incline' to Pinetown? How much of a suffer fest?

The 'incline' to Pinetown? How much of a suffer fest?

About 12 km at around 4-5%, the problem is going back down on the other side, so not too bad. You need to watch the lactic build-up...otherwise the last 50 km is suffer central, even though it is fairly flat.