My Roots Tokai

leet22

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool! should have gone left just after the jump though, more challenging :devil:

Must get myself one of these GoPro's!

Cool! should have gone left just after the jump though, more challenging :devil:

First time back on bike after a few months off. confidence not to high :blush:

Nice. But I agree that the left hand track is nicer. Still amazing to see how flat and easy it looks when filmed from high up. People that don't know My Roots won't appreciate it nearly enough.

I forgot to say how I always enjoy to see how well that 2nd berm, that Pain or Shine and I built, works. :clap:

For me the right hand side is nicer, more flowing, less brake screeching.

But every know and then if I feel up to it then I go down the left.

Also agree, looks a lot easier on a vid.

Saw a vid of bridal path and it didn't even look like there was a rock in the road, although they did skip parts where I assume they were walking down :w00t:

Nice. But I agree that the left hand track is nicer. Still amazing to see how flat and easy it looks when filmed from high up. People that don't know My Roots won't appreciate it nearly enough.

last time i rode left side thought it was a bit boring but was a long time ago , prefer the right nice and flowing

I forgot to say how I always enjoy to see how well that 2nd berm, that Pain or Shine and I built, works. :clap:

:thumbup: :thumbup: Thx for that :clap:

A short vid on me ride on My roots

http://youtu.be/gabT8ucjn0U

Cool vid man. Nice flowing trail. Skipped the double hehe

Just a note on the GoPro. If you can get the Chesty it provides a really cool perspective. I find when it's on the helmet the trail feels more floaty and it's hard to see the lines. That's subjective though.

The audio in your clip, you'll notice a clicking sound going on when the camera shakes. I had this too and it drove me insane! It's from the top little button shaking. How I remedied this was to stick a little bit of rubber foam with gaffer tape to the button to hold it in place, and then set the camera to start shooting on turning on. Also if you use the open back you get more trail sound and it's awesome. PM me if you want a link to some of my clips to hear/see.

Otherwise lekka riding man.

I've never gone left. I must check that out. Keep meaning to. Cheers for the tip ;)

I've never gone left. I must check that out. Keep meaning to. Cheers for the tip ;)

It's quite steep, just be prepared.

Also be careful of this trail in the rain, the wooden bridges become very slippery.

Edited by Zac.A

Also be careful of this trail in the rain, the wooden bridges become very slippery.

We'll be going back to dirt soon... before winter.

There was a wooden bridge in Tokai that I couldn't even walk on. It took both my friend and I down. Fortunately I bailed to the left to avoid landing on him, it would have just been too much to explain to the people coming 'round the corner!

Fact is wet wood left in the shade grows snot. Ever tried riding on snot? You shouldn't have to.

Would like to see the left route/root get a bit more technical. A few more obstacles should make for a good trials-like ride..

We'll be going back to dirt soon... before winter.

There was a wooden bridge in Tokai that I couldn't even walk on. It took both my friend and I down. Fortunately I bailed to the left to avoid landing on him, it would have just been too much to explain to the people coming 'round the corner!

Fact is wet wood left in the shade grows snot. Ever tried riding on snot? You shouldn't have to.

Would like to see the left route/root get a bit more technical. A few more obstacles should make for a good trials-like ride..

Keen for that :thumbup: Will help with the build.

Friend of mine was going down there and he slipped off of the bridge in the rain.

Apparently his friends pale face and shrieks told him what he needed to know.

Cool vid man. Nice flowing trail. Skipped the double hehe

Just a note on the GoPro. If you can get the Chesty it provides a really cool perspective. I find when it's on the helmet the trail feels more floaty and it's hard to see the lines. That's subjective though.

The audio in your clip, you'll notice a clicking sound going on when the camera shakes. I had this too and it drove me insane! It's from the top little button shaking. How I remedied this was to stick a little bit of rubber foam with gaffer tape to the button to hold it in place, and then set the camera to start shooting on turning on. Also if you use the open back you get more trail sound and it's awesome. PM me if you want a link to some of my clips to hear/see.

Otherwise lekka riding man.

Thx for those tips. will get a chest srtap. I agree with the Helmet seems like the trails are flat. Thx for the info on the button, kept wondering what that sound was . :thumbup:

that clicking noise is mostly from the quick release clip because of the little play it has even when clipped in. GoPro acknowledges this by including a little rubber 'shim' that you place into the quick release once the cam is clipped in. It's hardly mentioned, and sometimes referred to as the Rubber Quick Release Stopper Lock (mouthful!), but that's it's purpose: vibration damping and comes standard in the grab bag of mounting accessories.

It's the white clip with an attached ring (quick release/ vibration plug) in the following image:

http://www.mercworks.us/index_files/image2569.jpg

Edited by Capricorn