Cape Cobra Accident

Blokkies

Hi does anyone know if the cyclist that was involved in todays crash in the Stars group are OK .It happened 10 meters in front of me and I just managed to miss the mayhem through the grace of God.One hit a motorbike coming up from the otherside.It was bad.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question... Hope all involved is oraait.

I chatted to some 'Rising Stars' at the end.

They were still stunned and shaky after the incident.

Most reports I get from this league CAT refers to the lack of bunch riding skills from, what seems to be, younger inexperienced riders.

Edited by ' Dale

I wonder, if this is the same accident up Smitswinkel? Traffic was backup up toward Cape Point, a few ambulances were also line up there. It also appeared as if an helicopter was attempting to land there.

he was airlifted, quite serious. My buddy was also involved. Looks like broken elbow, maybe ankle too. Third guy a few roasties, but ok.

Just heard buddy escaped without any broken bones or joints. Hub name Meezo, other 2 riders were on blue Raleighs, i think RC3000 and RC 7000... For what its worth...

Edited by Newest

I was first to go down. racing incident no1 fault. while laying there a group came past someone went down, he's okay better of than me, anyway as he went down group overtook him and never saw the motorbike coming up hit in head on.

after hitting him took down someone who stopped to help as well as the bike went over my ankle and shin xrays show nothing broken. all 3 of us are okay we were all in the emergency unit together. the guy who went head on is bad, he's kidney ruptured and was about to go into surgery as I was heading for xrays.

let's pray he's okay.... shame he's young boy kept on asking mommy if daddy gonna be okay.... he was critical he also went into a comma.

May The Almighty make he's surgery a success so he can spend time with he's wife and kids

Meezo, thank god, you and the other three cyclists are OK, let us pray, and hope that our other fellow cyclist is going to be alright.

don't know if the other 2 are hubbers but the guy who went down in the group he's name was Mark, the guy who was knocked over by the bike was Gerard. thanks to Gerard and two other blokes who stopped to help me. Gerard wouldn't of been harmed if he didn't stop to help me.

Get better and take it slowly until your 100% better.

I'm still not on my bike properly and I took a knock at the west coast express.

Ice, arnica and sleep.

May The Almighty make he's surgery a success so he can spend time with he's wife and kids

+1 :thumbup:

Get better and take it slowly until your 100% better.

I'm still not on my bike properly and I took a knock at the west coast express.

Ice, arnica and sleep.

LOL! You forgot to mention that you did the DC and Die Burger when you were told to rest......

don't know if the other 2 are hubbers but the guy who went down in the group he's name was Mark, the guy who was knocked over by the bike was Gerard. thanks to Gerard and two other blokes who stopped to help me. Gerard wouldn't of been harmed if he didn't stop to help me.

Meezo,

Last time I saw you was when we chatted in the chute...

Glad you're okay.

Sjoe!

Edited by ' Dale

Meezo is a close friend of mine. Came back from visiting him now. Glad to see he ok, but my prayers goes out to the guy that was airlifted. I heard from meezo his 2 kids the same age as mine. Hope he pulls through

Anyone here who knows the seriously injured rider, please keep this thread updated as to his progress...