Tennis...

'Dale

Anyone watch Nadal get pummelled last night by Rosol? Some incredible tennis from the no.100 in the world! :eek:

the poms are going to get their hopes now cos Nadal was in Murray's half of the draw! :lol:

Didnt see it but that is just brilliant... well done Rosol :clap:

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife is really miffed. She's a huge Nadal fan.

I don't mind too much. I'm a Federer fan. I just hope he can work he's way past Djokovic and he could well take a 7th title home.

My wife is really miffed. She's a huge Nadal fan.

I don't mind too much. I'm a Federer fan. I just hope he can work he's way past Djokovic and he could well take a 7th title home.

+1

To beat Nadal takes one amazingly brave effort.

Awesome!

Hope he makes this count!

tell you what if he plays like that again he will go a long way - but I don't know if he can sustain that level.

If Rosol was a cyclist he'd be standing accused of doping this morning.

I watched the first set last night, went to bed to get up early for my ride thus morn, got back looked at the papers and realized I missed something special.

Just watched the replay. That hitting and winners was extra ordinary. Granted Rafael didnt play well but he was never allowed into the match.

Vamos (home) Rafa!

If Rosol was a cyclist he'd be standing accused of doping this morning.

I watched the first set last night, went to bed to get up early for my ride thus morn, got back looked at the papers and realized I missed something special.

Just watched the replay. That hitting and winners was extra ordinary. Granted Rafael didnt play well but he was never allowed into the match.

Vamos (home) Rafa!

Agree with that! It really was something else - he was hitting 90mph groundstroke winners cm's from the lines time after time after time. Made me think of Herchel Gibbs talking about that 434 innings he played against Oz when he was just filled with a wierd kind of invincibility and self belief - and knew that he could sustain another level on that night.

• 5 years later...

Anyone watching the Laver Cup..man so much entertainment watching Nadal and Federer team up in doubles..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Edited by Gen

Anyone watching the Laver Cup..man so much entertainment watching Nadal and Federer team up in doubles..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

That was awesome! First time I'm grateful there was nothing on TV to watch and I had to scroll through the channels looking for something. It was fantastic seeing them smiling and laughing and having a good time.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

today

Kevbo takes on Fed

2pm.

current score is 4-0, and fed has yet to lose a set in those games

https://www.sport24.co.za/Tennis/Wimbledon/guitar-man-anderson-wants-rhythm-not-blues-v-federer-20180710

If Anderson is to shock Federer, who has only lost once before the quarter-finals at Wimbledon in 15 years, he will need to call up the heavy artillery which has served him well at the tournament this year.

He has sent down 96 aces in four rounds and dropped serve just six times.

Anderson is also fourth on the fastest serve chart with a top speed of 140 mph (225.3km/h).

However, Federer has held all of his 55 service games this year and last dropped serve in the semi-finals in 2017 - 81 service games ago.

The 36-year-old is also on a streak of 32 consecutive sets won at the tournament, just two off his record.

"I feel like a lot of aspects of my game can give him a lot of trouble," said Anderson, the first South African man in the Wimbledon quarter-finals since Wayne Ferreira in 1994.

"I'm a big player, big serve. I'm going to have to really take it to him.

"Also at the same time try to treat it like another tennis match. Only my second time out on Centre Court. He's played there a few more times than that.

"The more I can just treat it like another tennis match, the better for me."

Edited by Bartali

kevbo is not playing badly.

Fed is just from another planet, broke the first serve and is holding his easily

Kevin lost 1st set, but leading 3-1 in the 2nd set...serving to try to make it 4-1

Kevin lost 1st set, but leading 3-1 in the 2nd set...serving to try to make it 4-1

And Roger breaks back, back on serve, 3-2