100 members have voted

1. 1. What MTB rider are you?

• Just in and around the suburb
    • Normal Trail rides
    • Downhill
    • Cross country
    • Insane stuff like Triple black
    • other see comments

Riding with my brother at MTN park yesterday I started thinking about what rides I enjoy...

He loves the double daimond black rides and tries to push himself... I dont mind them once in a while but think im more of a trail rider.

So what is your preference ? and be honest dont say you do insane rides if you once drove around parking at kingskloof

Not so super keen on the highly technical stuff - black routes etc. But love the open trail and single tracks.

I guess if really comes down to it, the fact that I can ride just about anywhere, on any road and take any path in any direction I choose

I race DH as my primary ... but also race XC, Marathon and then just enjoy a good trail ride too ... so i think i fit into most of those categories

The "new to it" type... Point me downhill and show me loose rocks and I still tend to freeze! :unsure: Buuut getting better, will get there - one day! Learning as I go along.

I just ride. If I had to give it a name, it would be cross country, trail, marathon, endurance type stuff.

Saturday morning rides.

+1, nice to do XC and longer rides - but nothing beats good ole saturday rides with mates.

Not so super keen on the highly technical stuff - black routes etc. But love the open trail and single tracks.

I guess if really comes down to it, the fact that I can ride just about anywhere, on any road and take any path in any direction I choose

Exactly as i see it :)

The "new to it" type... Point me downhill and show me loose rocks and I still tend to freeze! :unsure: Buuut getting better, will get there - one day! Learning as I go along.

Fast and loose, baby, fast and loose. You'll get there. Brake before or after, never during.

What type of rider am I? A crap one. Talent-challenged. Sir Crashalot, as my son calls me.

Fast and loose, baby, fast and loose. You'll get there. Brake before or after, never during.

What type of rider am I? A crap one. Talent-challenged. Sir Crashalot, as my son calls me.

I like that, I am gonna use it - a talent-challenged normal oke that wants to just ride. Barbeton 75k is my favourite event and that curvy stretch with the s-corners going down the back of groenkloof is my favourite piece of trail anywhere in the world, but you have to do it at speed :)

Nothing like successfully negotiating that really hectic obstacle.

or if you miss it the first time round, mentally working out the right line nd then going back next time to hit the right line.

I also like doing fast early morning rides from the house before work.

if i had to choose between a fast long ride on district roads and hitting the trails at kingskloof - i would take the kloof every time.

I like that, I am gonna use it - a talent-challenged normal oke that wants to just ride. Barbeton 75k is my favourite event and that curvy stretch with the s-corners going down the back of groenkloof is my favourite piece of trail anywhere in the world, but you have to do it at speed :)

I love that section of Groenies! Also that downhill after the climb at Barberton rocks!

Love my mtb

Love riding.

bought my first mtb at auto extra cycles church str pta about 21 years ago have had about 18 bikes since then.

love just riding