First MTB ride at Groenkloof

Corrie21

Hey all

So I followed some advice and went for my first (and second) MTB rides this weekend at Groenkloof.

As I havent bought my own bike yet, I hired the ones they have available there (Raleigh - Nomad)

I was very impressed with the condition of the bike and have to compliment them for that.

Went on Saturday and got in over my head by going down the wrong single track. Went again on Sunday and this time stayed a bit more on the jeep trail, which was easier, but I could go a bit faster.

The guy at the "Bikes for Hire" stand was very helpful and gave me some tips on where to go.

Had a blast of a time and cant wait to go again.

Thank you very much to the guys at Groenkloof

Well Done

awesome Corrie glad you enjoyed it, nothing better than a good single track. I still wanne go to Groenies, all the stories from there sounds leke

Groenkloof is very nice I go there just about every weekend, do yourself a favour and take your bike (the rented one) for a lap

around fountains before groenkloof .( just keep your entrance slip from groenkloof and show it to the oke at the gate at fountains) The combination of a few laps at fountains and then groenkloof will be a much lekkerder experience trust me :thumbup:

• 5 months later...

Groenkloof is very nice I go there just about every weekend, do yourself a favour and take your bike (the rented one) for a lap

around fountains before groenkloof .( just keep your entrance slip from groenkloof and show it to the oke at the gate at fountains) The combination of a few laps at fountains and then groenkloof will be a much lekkerder experience trust me :thumbup:

If he still struggles with some of the singletrack sections on the Groenkloof side, it might be better if he keeps the Fountains idea on ice until his skills have dveloped a little further.

You won't be able to rent a bike through the week, not at groenkloof anyway. And wow, I feel quite snobish now but I've ridden one of those bike a while back and let me just say, get your own and you'll love groenkloof even more :D

Sounds good... Where is the entrance to fountains?

Also, apparantly their is a good ride near the voortrekker monument? yes?

On Saturday, a few of us decided to take our big bikes to Fountains.

Even though the up hill pedalling is tough on a DH bike, much fun was had (Groenkloof side included)

Jumping the big 4x4 dip-n-climb thing was fun... until one of us nearly went onto an oncoming 4x4 :lol:

Edited by patches

Sounds good... Where is the entrance to fountains?

Also, apparantly their is a good ride near the voortrekker monument? yes?

Same street as groenkloof entrance ( or enter at groenkloof and drive through the car park all the way left and you'll be at fountains.

You can do voortrekker too ya,if your legs are feeling Real good do Groenies/Fountains/Voortrekker in one morning

Is it quite busy on weekends?

Either go Really early or wait till 11:00 or so then its not so hectic.