MTB or ROAD

cruiser

To MTB or not to MTB(Road).   

14 members have voted

1. 1. So here is the question, how many of you bought a road bike only to end up on a mtb? And feel free to let us know why.

• Road bike to MTB?
    • MTB to Road bike?
    • Road to MTB then back to Road?
    • MTB to Road and yes you guessed it back to MTB?
    • Sold and never got back on a bike?

Reason i ask the question is i have sold my road bike thinking to get a mtb, but now more hesitant than ever to get another bike. A great sport for sure and even when not riding, not so cool to have a machine parked though.

Edited by cruiser

Maybe just my experience, but road bikes tend to need a lot less maintenance than MTBs. Probably coz they get knocked about a lot less. I love road biking, just not the fact about the safety aspect becoming a problem...

Erm... MTB all along, bought a road bike thinking it might be different, then sold it and bought a DH bike.

I've always been an MTB okie. Might not always have been able to have an MTB, but given a choice...

Plus, MTB is far more enjoyable.

Maybe just my experience, but road bikes tend to need a lot less maintenance than MTBs. Probably coz they get knocked about a lot less. I love road biking, just not the fact about the safety aspect becoming a problem...

You're right, but the increase in TLC is a worthy trade-off, I feel. Plus, it's a sport where you can get muddy. I mean, how many sports can you do that nowadays, and wear it as a badge of honour, as a 30 year old?

Have all of them , MTB for the obvious and road bike for training/long rides and the odd road race .

MTB all the way, although I enjoy Road races, but in general scared of motorists - :thumbdown: almost got taken out twice yesterday at Ladies Mile and Kendel Road!!!!!!!

the last road bike i owned was a western flyer back in the late 80's. Does that put me in the category of "Road to MTB"??? otherwise I am in the category of "MTB all the way"

why do you only need one bike....

i have a mtb bike for fun,

a road bike for distance,

and a fixie for the rolllers.

and 2 frames that need building up,