Too much Single Track?

Caerus

I was going to bring that up, I almost wet myself laughing at some of the falls. :w00t: Some hectic face plants, these are skills that should be masterd before riding a race.

Hie hie.. ja, we shouldn't be laughing at other okes, but damn there were a few bad tumbles. Most of them, was just because they weren't carrying enough speed. And I think some have never seen a berm before. :D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hie hie.. ja, we shouldn't be laughing at other okes, but damn there were a few bad tumbles. Most of them, was just because they weren't carrying enough speed. And I think some have never seen a berm before. :D

I know I shouldn't be laughing, but I couldn't help it. :blush: That one guy I thought he had knocked out all his teeth.

Your mate urgently needs an attitude transplant if he complains about too much single track. :D

I can't remember but one of the Sani2C days, either the first or second has like 75km+ singletrack. Really awesome!

I can't remember but one of the Sani2C days, either the first or second has like 75km+ singletrack. Really awesome!

WOW 75km + of ST- must train for the event this year...

Have to get my skills up to ride berms on ladders (if that's what you guys are referring to.)

Any links to youtube of this race?

Wow, ive done 3 Sani's now, I recon if you add up all 3 days you wont get 75km of single track. Dont get me wrong, they have done an awesome job, especially on day 2, but I would love nothing more than for them to start building some nice techincal sections. But im sure what they have is like it is to cater for the masses.

Your mate urgently needs an attitude transplant if he complains about too much single track. :D

Or as Chopper would say, HTFU.

"There was too much single track"

Can there be too much in a race?

Fark steaks. I'm not a mountain biker, and even I know, there can never be "too much" single in life, let alone a race...

there can never be too much single track.thats like complaining that you're having too much sex!

I didn't even have to open the thread to read that people would comment that there could never be too much single track.

But in reality, it can sometimes become too much, it all depends how well it flows.

I didn't even have to open the thread to read that people would comment that there could never be too much single track.

But in reality, it can sometimes become too much, it all depends how well it flows.

I was thinking thats what his mindset was. I've not ridden this particular race before so I can't comment on how well it flowed. Have you heard someone say that before anywhere else?

Edited by Caerus

I sometimes wonder if Oom H had his mojo extracted and given to you as a Christmas present.

Fark steaks. I'm not a mountain biker, and even I know, there can never be "too much" single in life, let alone a race...

Oh, wait, mountain bikers don't "race". That's a double negative, or dividing by zero, or something. I withdraw the comment.

I was thinking thats what his mindset was. I've not ridden this particular race before so I can't comment on how well it flowed. Have you heard someone say that before anywhere else?

Yes, I have heard people complain about all the "good things" in the past, bottom line is , if a track is no longer pleasurable after some time then it actually becomes a waste, as hardcore and as tough as most perceive themselves to be, one can't dispute that fact that distance and fatigue can quickly eat away at ones pleasure.

Trust me ,300 + k's of Rietvlei in one day has put me off for life.