LBS Service Levels

Ant J Allen

1. Specialized Concept store by Burry Stander. For there attitude and friendliness.

2. KT Cycles for always having stock of small easily forgotten but necessary items. Or making a plan.

3. Myself. For being hard on my mechanic. Myself.

Now we are getting somewhere.....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So whilst I am here I may as well tell you about the Cyclists workshop in Fourways area across from the indaba, in the nursery. Josh was recommended to me as he does all his own work and he is a small operation so it is personal. He tunes bikes, not just servicing them. He did major things to my Shimano brakes. Makes things work like I want things to work, not a take it or leave it. Big up to him - sometimes I think i should shut up about guys like this. But he deserves the kudos.

And then to my friends down in Paulshof with the major Specialized agency. Well after they dropped my road bike when bringing it from upstairs and scratched the forks and chain stays, I stopped using them. They did offer half heartedly to fix it, but i was too scared to leave the bike there as they could have made it worse. Hence my move to Josh above.

mini Hijack

Are there any decent independent bike mechanics operating in the Northern suburbs of JHB? Collection and delivery a bonus, but looking ofr someone who knows his stuff and is relaible.

There is a guy in Jukskei park who does a very decent job on bikes. Ill mail you his number, a pick-up and collection can be arranged. He does not stock parts, but does a very good job. He's been riding longer than i have been walking :)

There is a guy in Jukskei park who does a very decent job on bikes. Ill mail you his number, a pick-up and collection can be arranged. He does not stock parts, but does a very good job. He's been riding longer than i have been walking :)

Cool, thanks for the PM. I'll give him a bash.

I just paid R60 for my XTR shifter to be opened and serviced, gears to be reset and wash and lube at Epic Sports in Centurion (which, I believe, is owned by Paul Cordes). Cant ask for more can we?

always had good service and advise from the guys at Tour de Frans boksburg.

cant remember the name of the cycle shop at Rietvlei, but my dad wanted to buy my 4 year nephew a bike from there. went there, sized the bike up, got the little guy all excited after a test ride, then the owner offered to order the boys version (same frame, just different colour scheme).

This was at the begining of December, they still have not phoned back. My old man landed up buying it from sportmans warehouse

I just paid R60 for my XTR shifter to be opened and serviced, gears to be reset and wash and lube at Epic Sports in Centurion (which, I believe, is owned by Paul Cordes). Cant ask for more can we?

Thats exactly what we want, we need more places like that.

Just a question, howmany of the people reading this are shop owners, or have friends who are, and can let them know about whats happening here.

Have always received excellent service from Epic Sports in Centurion, and excellent prices too.

Hardly trust anyone else with my bike.

Thats exactly what we want, we need more places like that.

Sorry, im talking mainly about the JHB stores as it seems the Cape Town stores actually care.

Please send me his details as well

So whilst I am here I may as well tell you about the Cyclists workshop in Fourways area across from the indaba, in the nursery. Josh was recommended to me as he does all his own work and he is a small operation so it is personal. He tunes bikes, not just servicing them. He did major things to my Shimano brakes. Makes things work like I want things to work, not a take it or leave it. Big up to him - sometimes I think i should shut up about guys like this. But he deserves the kudos.

And then to my friends down in Paulshof with the major Specialized agency. Well after they dropped my road bike when bringing it from upstairs and scratched the forks and chain stays, I stopped using them. They did offer half heartedly to fix it, but i was too scared to leave the bike there as they could have made it worse. Hence my move to Josh above.

Hi,

Please could you let me have Josh's details or a bit more info, as I am keen on learning a thing or two about the bike maintenance side to biking, and if I can support a start up business that makes it even better.

THis thread has come about after i have been dropped by a few shops, and have eventually come across a decent shop that i will be getting all my cycling equipment from.

The Complete Cyclist in Randburg helped my wife out just before the half ironman with a part i had ordered from another shop the week befre and they dropped us. So thanx to the complete cyclist for the help at the last minute. They have moved to main RD in randburg from on Peter Place

"Its a pretty subjective topic, one mans meat is another mans poison."

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/112528-new-crank-alignment-complete-cyclist/

In Gauteng

JHB - Linden Cycles :thumbup:

Pta - Cycle House ( for bike sevicing not buying a new bike ) :thumbup:

JHB - Westdene - Due to variety of bikes and the ability to bargain with them :thumbup:

Pta - Hotspot cycles ( gives good advice and prices fair ) :thumbup:

East rand

Finish line cycles ( due to good prices on new bikes) :thumbup:

Cajees and Cycle lab ..... dont think so :thumbdown:

always had good service and advise from the guys at Tour de Frans boksburg.

cant remember the name of the cycle shop at Rietvlei, but my dad wanted to buy my 4 year nephew a bike from there. went there, sized the bike up, got the little guy all excited after a test ride, then the owner offered to order the boys version (same frame, just different colour scheme).

This was at the begining of December, they still have not phoned back. My old man landed up buying it from sportmans warehouse

The Cycle Hub. Wendell is a member here.