LBS Service Levels

Ant J Allen

Afternoon World,

So i want to start this topic to have a place where we can all compare experiences at our LBS (Local Bike Shop), this is not only to slate places that have not given us the service we would like but also to name places that have given us good service, and have gone beyond the expected to help fellow cyclists out.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drongo is just being picky about the quality of content today.. ignore him.

Off to a cracking start, with lots of valuable input :mellow:

Ant J Allen, I've not been a member here for too long, but I'm certain this is a topic that pops up at least once every two weeks! Thats probably why you've got the response that you have!

From my side, Northcliff Cycles are fantastic, always willing to go the extra mile.

Its a pretty subjective topic, one mans meat is another mans poison. We all know Cajees gets bad reviews but I personally have no problems there (Princess Crossing), you just need to know what it is you want, the technical aspect is lacking. West Rand Cycles, they have done me a couple of favours (and make no mistake, the favours were appreciated, hence me buying a fork and helmet from them even though I know I could have gotten it a bit cheaper down the road) but I always get the feeling because I am a poor GT rider and therefore I must know nothing I can just do my thing there and move along! And my favourite shop although sadly they stock very little of what I require is Cajees in Krugersdorp, they are always willing to help me, lend me a tool if I need it and make a plan to sort me out. Such a shame they don't stock more item but then again not much happens in Kdump West!

THis thread has come about after i have been dropped by a few shops, and have eventually come across a decent shop that i will be getting all my cycling equipment from.

The Complete Cyclist in Randburg helped my wife out just before the half ironman with a part i had ordered from another shop the week befre and they dropped us. So thanx to the complete cyclist for the help at the last minute. They have moved to main RD in randburg from on Peter Place

Ant J Allen, I've not been a member here for too long, but I'm certain this is a topic that pops up at least once every two weeks! Thats probably why you've got the response that you have!

From my side, Northcliff Cycles are fantastic, always willing to go the extra mile.

I know this topic comes up all too often for us poor customers, that what i was trying to get going here a place where we can start pooling the information on out LBS and give the god shops more support and encorage the lesser shops to be more supportive of the new riders. DO they forget we all were new to the sport once!

Complete Cyclist opened in Hout Bay not long ago, been hearing good reports. Anyone know if it is franchised or same owner?

Off to a cracking start, with lots of valuable input :mellow:

Drongo is just being picky about the quality of content today.. ignore him.

THis thread has come about after i have been dropped by a few shops, and have eventually come across a decent shop that i will be getting all my cycling equipment from.

The Complete Cyclist in Randburg helped my wife out just before the half ironman with a part i had ordered from another shop the week befre and they dropped us. So thanx to The Complete Cyclist for the help at the last minute. They have moved to main RD in randburg from on Peter Place

There now. That wasn't so hard, was it?

I know this topic comes up all too often for us poor customers, that what i was trying to get going here a place where we can start pooling the information on out LBS and give the god shops more support and encorage the lesser shops to be more supportive of the new riders. DO they forget we all were new to the sport once!

Fair comment and I agree. Good service should be praised. But I personally will not name and shame because it seems like it can get out of hand online, and I also believe there is always 3 sides to a story. Many shops have customers from hell. Many people simply accept service from hell. I'll just keep to praising good service. But good topic Ant J Allen