Your 2012 Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour start time

Heckflosse

I am seeded for Racing Vets.

It was not my goal this season to train for that level of racing, but to secure a PPA 'D' seeding before autumn.

The cycling gods had different plans for this amateur. :blush:

*Does pocket-size Cancellara, Darren L, have screw-on legs 'cos I'd rent them for 5000 bucks per hour over 3 hours?*

:w00t: :w00t:

Edited by ' Dale

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The weather forecast for the Argus weekend is looking rather hectic.

Up to what windspeeds would you use deep section wheels?

I also thought about wearing no socks to reduce the drag and put baby oil all over (all over) me to reduce the drag. Anyone tried that before?

How did you go about checking the weather a month from now?

I also thought about wearing no socks to reduce the drag and put baby oil all over (all over) me to reduce the drag. Anyone tried that before?

yes, but, um, not for cycling...

How did you go about checking the weather a month from now?

I checked three sources: The link from the Argus website for the keen cyclsit with a training plan directly tailored for the world champs, I spoke to a Shamane and I bought a weather frog and asked hm for the forecast. So all that together should give me a reliable basis.

put baby oil all over (all over) me to reduce the drag. Anyone tried that before?

Yes ... but it had nothing to do with cycling .... ;)

Yes ... but it had nothing to do with cycling .... ;)

So?

You can post hem in "Ladies and bicycles" or "gay's 'n oil" if you prefer

I have two entries going wanting, I was going to do it with my wife, but we are not going to make it down there. PM me if you want them/one...

Start Group: T

Start Time: 07:15

did 94.7 in 3h29 and yesterday Emperors (104km) in 3h14

is this a correct/good start time for me..... sorry i am still trying to figure out this seeding story hahahah

Start Group: T

Start Time: 07:15

did 94.7 in 3h29 and yesterday Emperors (104km) in 3h14

is this a correct/good start time for me..... sorry i am still trying to figure out this seeding story hahahah

Sounds like a pretty good/fair seeding to me based on the 94.7

The weather forecast for the Argus weekend is looking rather hectic.

Up to what windspeeds would you use deep section wheels?

You planning on doing it Borat style? Less wind drag over the kit with the minimal amount of kit on as possible. :eek: :whistling:

I am seeded for Racing Vets.

It was not my goal this season to train for that level of racing, but to secure a PPA 'D' seeding before autumn.

The cycling gods had different plans for this amateur. :blush:

*Does pocket-size Cancellara, Darren L, have screw-on legs 'cos I'd rent them for 5000 bucks per hour over 3 hours?*

:w00t: :w00t:

Same here I was training and racing seeding races to get at least D Hoping for C or B but now in VB at 06:24. Do not know if I should fall back to B or just try to hang on and off course 4 weeks of maximium effort training up to argus.

Sounds like a pretty good/fair seeding to me based on the 94.7

Yes did Emperors in 2H47 last year and got a K seeding. You should add around 30 min to your time for the Argus.

Yes did Emperors in 2H47 last year and got a K seeding. You should add around 30 min to your time for the Argus.

30 minutes to my 94.7 or Emperors time ? :)