Confused: Not sure what to do

geecee

a friend of mine has purchased..... dare i say it.... a..... 29er

i need some advice, im not sure where to go from here, do i remain friends with him and try ignore the fact that he bought a 29er or do i cut ties with the riffraff and move on....

please help

:devil:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You will have to break ties with said friend geecee, since you won't be riding together anymore. He will always be ahead of you and this will lead to questions in your head

1. Am I really that slow?
  2. Why is he so much faster all of a sudden?
  3. Should I fake an injury so that he will wait for me?
  4. Should I vandilize his bike while he isn't looking

None of these have a happy ending I am afraid...call it quits for your and his sake

Dr Ruth...no need to thank

Edited by rouxtjie

Write him off after a good tar and feathering!

(Secretly dreaming of, dare I say it, that Momsen 29er)

hahaha i must admit, at first i blatantly dissed his choice.

telling him he had listened to all the salesman drivel that he would have been force fed at the shop.

after he replied telling me he was told to test the 26 and 29 inch and decided the 29er felt smoother, i had to leave him be.

ah it is a sad day.

its fine just to be a good friend ill take him on some tight technical decents and see how he handles the big wheels

the 650b sounds good tho, and will fit (just) my forks. altho not sure on the back, maybe ill run a hybrid haha

a friend of mine has purchased..... dare i say it.... a..... 29er

i need some advice, im not sure where to go from here, do i remain friends with him and try ignore the fact that he bought a 29er or do i cut ties with the riffraff and move on....

please help

:devil:

No.

You will have to break ties with said friend geecee, since you won't be riding together anymore. He will always be ahead of you and this will lead to questions in your head

1. Am I really that slow?
  2. Why is he so much faster all of a sudden?
  3. Should I fake an injury so that he will wait for me?
  4. Should I vandilize his bike while he isn't looking

None of these have a happy ending I am afraid...call it quits for your and his sake

Dr Ruth...no need to thank

Take him on a nice tight technical ride with lots of tight switchbacks and drop offs. Watch him squirm as the superioir handlind of your rig outshine the lack of technical ability of his twentynaaaaainer. Sit back and enjoy watching him wonder as to why he dropped so much cash on a cumbersome straight line missile when he could have been having WAY more fun on a 26er in the fun stuff! ;) :ph34r:

Having a close friend or family member buying a 29-er is like having a brother thats in jail....you still may love him but you dont necessarily

talk to him or about him. So when u go riding with him either be waayyyyy in front or behind, but NEVER NEXT TO HIM :lol:

Edited by RudoJ

Your friend has finally grown up and moved on from those little training wheels. You should be happy for him and the new opportunities that this change will bring.

Having a close friend or family member buying a 29-er is like having a brother thats in jail....you still may love him but you dont necessarily

talk to him or about him. So when u go riding with him either be waayyyyy in front or behind, but NEVER NEXT TO HIM :lol:

No need to worry, he will always be behind the clown bike.

Kick his ass on your 26er and it will be settled.

But Geecee can't even ride up to the top of Gravity........ :blush:

You must get to the top before you can come down...... :ph34r:

Don't knock it till you've tried it. ;)