Of these 3- which rims for 29er?

Neg

Which one of these wheel sets would be the lights and strongest rims for a 29er? im 6'1" and 110kg. ride rough trails hard and do the odd drop off of about 2-3foot..

i have about R6000-7500 for a wheel set. im not that keen on getting rims and having wheels built. would like to get a wheel set.

these are what ive come up with

Mavic Crossmax 29er?

American Classic- Which ones?

Fullcrum Red which ones?

Edited by Neg VT

Yanking your chain.

A witch rides a broom, which is actually the word you should be using

But seriously, ZTR Arch are great, strong rims, I am a similar size and weight. Think Buycyle were selling them as wheelsets at one stage.

You could quite easily build a wheel at your budget though?

Yanking your chain.

A witch rides a broom, which is actually the word you should be using

But seriously, ZTR Arch are great, strong rims, I am a similar size and weight. Think Buycyle were selling them as wheelsets at one stage.

You could quite easily build a wheel at your budget though?

Still dont know where you get that incorrectly spelled a word... hehehe. :)

are the ZTR's not very weak around the spoke nipples? i have read up a bit and guys say that around that area the ZTR's bend easily...?

Get hold of Ruan at Spokeworks, (http://www.spokeworks.co.za/) he's based in centurion. Tell him how you ride, where etc and he'll build you an awesome wheelset.

Not sure about prices anymore as he built my current set about 3 years ago and have never had to be trued. He's well worth a call.

Hi I have mavics c29ssmax weigh 100 kg 6'1 haven't Advanced to jumps yet but are very strong and despite the usual falls and knocks are as true as the day I bought them.

For that kind of money I would not buy factory built wheels. Hope hubs, Arch rims and pocket a few k.

For your budget and your weight I would recommend the American Classic Tubeless. Cheap, strong and light (although Keith Bontrager once said there is no such thing!). I ride on a set of Easton EA90XC 29er wheels. All the qualities of the American Classic, with an added bonus of good looks too, but at a slightly higher price.

Edited by andrè traut

Get hold of Ruan at Spokeworks, (http://www.spokeworks.co.za/) he's based in centurion. Tell him how you ride, where etc and he'll build you an awesome wheelset.

Not sure about prices anymore as he built my current set about 3 years ago and have never had to be trued. He's well worth a call.

That's where I got mine - second set for me and one for the wife and very happy. Not in Centurion though - he is off the N4 towards Witbank