Which 29er Fork to get?

kandui

I have 2 29ers (Niner Air Carbon and Niner Jet 9) sharing 1 fork at the moment which is not ideal. The one I have is a Fox RL , 100mm. I am looking for a second hand fork with a tapered steerer. A mate who fixes bikes says stay away from the SID because it's not stiff enough. He recommends Fox. I am 1,89m tall and weigh 89kg.

Your thoughts please.

I have the Fox on my race bike and a Rockshox on my SS. The FOX is more plush but needs more attention - the Rockshox is bombproof but not quite as smooth. Stiffness I can't comment on the Fox is 15mmthruaxle on a Niner Alu frame and the Rockshox a standard QR on a wickedly bendy Niner steel frame.

I'd probably prefer two Rockshox but not to the point that I would swap out the FOX...

A Lefty would be nice, but I am working on a budget of max R6000 , but I would prefer to stay under that. Also need a second wheel set at some stage.

So conensus is pretty even- Fox or Rockshox.

get a lefty with the conversion package

i have a carbon lefty 29 with conversion package and brand new cannondale hub/crest rim to sell

i am to short for the 29 lefty

Rigid carbon.

Be a man.

My ass hurts enough with a HT frame, don't need to subject myself to more punishment! I am an old croc.

Coming from an AM bike with a Lyrik on it I find the SID plenty stiff enough. Plus unlike most Fox's it gives full travel and is super plush.

...but to answer the question: Go with a Reba. Best value for money and you get same performance as SID, better performance than Fox for cheaper with a not that big a weight penalty.

Rigid carbon.

Be a man.

I like the way you whispered it in a smaller font...

Edited by G-Unit