Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2012 the 2 big unions that voted the Lions out of S15 were the Cheetahs and Western Province #justsaying #karma

Seems modern rugby is about flyhalves and cheque books .... :whistling:

The Cape Town press must be the most embarrassing bunch of idiots that ever put pen to paper! I haven't seen the papers yet but I can imagine the tone of the reports.

The Lions played as if they had something to prove and good for them.The Stormers? Once again no more than a storm in a teacup. By now it should have been bye bye Alistair Coetzee.

One of my neighbours always raises a Stormers flag before a game. If they lose he flies it at half mast. Yesterday he removed it completely...........nuff said!

Don't forget you need possession to perform these feats. The joke is on the Bulls who decided that Boshoff was inferior to Fouche.

The Cape Town press must be the most embarrassing bunch of idiots that ever put pen to paper! I haven't seen the papers yet but I can imagine the tone of the reports.

The Lions played as if they had something to prove and good for them.The Stormers? Once again no more than a storm in a teacup. By now it should have been bye bye Alistair Coetzee.

One of my neighbours always raises a Stormers flag before a game. If they lose he flies it at half mast. Yesterday he removed it completely...........nuff said!

Ok we get it... you hate the Stormers

Don't forget you need possession to perform these feats. The joke is on the Bulls who decided that Boshoff was inferior to Fouche.

The joke is also on the Stormers, remember the Lions only signed Boshoff because the Stormers signed Jantjes for last year's S15 (leaving the Lions without a flyhalf for the Vodacom Cup). Love the irony..

Ok we get it... you hate the Stormers

Hate is a strong word reserved for bikejackers and the like. I feel sorry for the Stormers who are mislead by their local press and the ineptitude of their coach who seems not to be able to alter strategy when needed.

Yup and the Lions still need one of those cheque books, they still without a main sponsor for Super15.

Yup and the Lions still need one of those cheque books, they still without a main sponsor for Super15.

Yes, interesting. I must confess, watching my beloved Cheetahs over the weekend, I was again struck by how few supporters actually pitch up at the Free State Stadium (despite the rain). Compare that to 40,000 supporters at Ellis Park. And think of the support in PE last year for the Kings. It must put the Free State Union on a very thin foundation if they start losing.

The joke is also on the Stormers, remember the Lions only signed Boshoff because the Stormers signed Jantjes for last year's S15 (leaving the Lions without a flyhalf for the Vodacom Cup). Love the irony..

Indeed. Although in the Lion's camp there's also an irony in that Boshoff is playing only because Jantjies is injured. Will be interesting to see what happens once he passes a fitness test.

First round bye is a killer, Lions had momentum and confidence .... Stormers will bounce back but perhaps a new team at the bottom of the SA log.

First round bye is a killer,

I disagree. You might put down the first lions try to first round rustiness. But that circa-2002 Bulls game plan where Plan A-Z was relying on one-off runners & rolling mauls was never going to win them a game in any round. Was so easy for the Lions to defend they didn't even need 15 players to do it..

But like Dale said, early days, hopefully the Stormers can adapt.

Yes, interesting. I must confess, watching my beloved Cheetahs over the weekend, I was again struck by how few supporters actually pitch up at the Free State Stadium (despite the rain). Compare that to 40,000 supporters at Ellis Park. And think of the support in PE last year for the Kings. It must put the Free State Union on a very thin foundation if they start losing.

I've got tickets to this weeks Stormers game...anyone wants them?? i'll pay you R300 on top of it!! :whistling: :whistling:

I just cannot stand facing a defeat at home...

Criticism for the Stormers quite rough.

Early days, dudes.

:-)

Good for the Lions - they're looking good.

Congratz, Mackie and Scotty!

BUT (and this comming from a Stormers supporter)...can you see any flaIR / IMPROVEMENT / FANCY GAMEPLAN??? All i see is one-dimentional play / inexperienced youngsters / old ballies / and it does not bode well for a tour to NZ...they are lightyears ahead of us!!