Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stormers played horrible, making poor decisions at times. Why would you want to throw the ball at the very back of the lineout when you have an attacking lineout 5 meters from their line? And way to much kicking the ball away, as if they had no idea what to do with it.

In my opinion the Stormers have been the most adept at the new laws at the breakdown, and have based their whole game plan around defence and ball retention. Victories are therefore achieved at the expense of the opposing teams' mistakes. The stats speak for themselves. They have the 3rd lowest points for, lowest points against, and have the lowest Bonus Points with 2 (compared to teams like Brumbies, Sharks, Bulls and Cheetahs with 10). Yet they head the SA conference. All very boring, but full marks to the Stormers for playing to the new rules. Rassie's legacy, it seems, lives on. I wonder what would happen if a Bonus Point was to change to 2 points instead of 1?

Edited by flymango

Deon Fourie starting at number 8 for the Stormers this week...personally i had never considered that but it will be interesting to see him at 8 this weekend. Will be a good experiment

Personally I hope the Reds win ang get the bonus point. Should ensure the rest of the weekends rugby is exciting!

Nailbiter win by 'Canes over log leaders Chiefs.

Sets it up nicely for the Stormers for top spot of the S 15 log.

In my opinion the Stormers have been the most adept at the new laws at the breakdown, and have based their whole game plan around defence and ball retention. Victories are therefore achieved at the expense of the opposing teams' mistakes. The stats speak for themselves. They have the 3rd lowest points for, lowest points against, and have the lowest Bonus Points with 2 (compared to teams like Brumbies, Sharks, Bulls and Cheetahs with 10). Yet they head the SA conference. All very boring, but full marks to the Stormers for playing to the new rules. Rassie's legacy, it seems, lives on. I wonder what would happen if a Bonus Point was to change to 2 points instead of 1?

A lot of those teams bonus point came from losing by less than 7 and not for scoring tries. The defensive line of the stormers has resulted in them being quite flat on attack as well. (thats the backline not the energy levels)

A lot of those teams bonus point came from losing by less than 7 and not for scoring tries. The defensive line of the stormers has resulted in them being quite flat on attack as well. (thats the backline not the energy levels)

My point exactly - conservative and disciplined rugby. Not contesting at the breakdown, making sure there are no holes in defence, conservative backline play creating multiple phases and keep possession and/or winning the penalty, and score 1 point more than the opposition. Simple really. But boring as hell!!

Ha ha, interesting to read about the fans of a certain team now cheering on boring 10 man rugby when they used to be the loudest opponents of it when the Bulls were winning everything with a similar game plan...

i dont see the point?

you play for the same amount of point -if its one or 2, we should not be changing the rules all the time

Ridiculous commentators........ "peterson receives a standing ovation" ....... Showing the whole stadium in the back sitting????????

Why dont we chuck the arrogant Aus and All Black franchises and let them coninue with all those creepy islands around them. Will we not be better off with creating a North South franchise. Les time zone hassles, no jet lag, traditional enemies etc etc. seasons may be a problem but with our much longer rugga season it can be overcome.

Maybe we can then also accommodate Puke Watson and his pain in die gat daddy!!!!

By the way, what is an example of a perfect Aussie........ A New Zealander!!!!!!!

Edited by eccentric1

Well done to all 3 Sa teams making it thru to play offs

As a Stormers fan I just hope it's our year this year

Well done to all 3 Sa teams making it thru to play offs

As a Stormers fan I just hope it's our year this year

Yeah, the only team ever in the history of Super Rugby to top the log without a 4 try bonus point.

Remarkable.

Hope they go all the way.

:clap: