Rugby...

'Dale

Welcome to my (Cheetahs) world. Hang in there. At least you still have money and are rated as a "rich" union. Did you see Gert Smal was in Bloem watching the game? Would love to know what he's thinking is at the moment.

For how long will Naka be in that role?

He should maybe move on.

No one else being whispered about in Bloem'?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For how long will Naka be in that role?

He should maybe move on.

No one else being whispered about in Bloem'?

Haven't heard anything, but the name Brendan Venter comes to mind. He loves Bloem, but I doubt he'll go back. Maybe consult like he did for Saracens?

IMHO there is too much criticism going around about coaches and their staff. After all it is the players that have to perform on the pitch. It does seem as if there is a lack of captaining ability when changes to tactics and so on become necessary during a game. Individuality has become non-existent in our teams and I believe this is due to being "Over coached"!

The New Zealand teams seem to have been able to retain the individual player's ability to express themselves on the field whereas our captains spend more time consulting with the ref than with their own teammates.

Perhaps one way to change the mind set is to force all of our top players to spend a season playing sevens, where you have to think on the field, and then put them back into super and currie cup rugby with hopefully a change to becoming more inventive and quick thinking.

"Dom krag" is not working, our kicking game is not working, ( Come back Fourie Du Preez) and we stumble through first half performances waiting for uitkak by the coach at halftime.

Again, IMHO, very few of the top players have played club or varsity level rugby and their natural athletic abilities are encumbered by over coaching. They get plucked out of school and age level rugby and move straight into top level competition.

On Monday there was a schools rugby competition on Supersport and no doubt the talent scouts were present to see who will next be turned into a coaches robot at the expense of natural talent.

IMHO there is too much criticism going around about coaches and their staff. After all it is the players that have to perform on the pitch. It does seem as if there is a lack of captaining ability when changes to tactics and so on become necessary during a game. Individuality has become non-existent in our teams and I believe this is due to being "Over coached"!

The New Zealand teams seem to have been able to retain the individual player's ability to express themselves on the field whereas our captains spend more time consulting with the ref than with their own teammates.

Perhaps one way to change the mind set is to force all of our top players to spend a season playing sevens, where you have to think on the field, and then put them back into super and currie cup rugby with hopefully a change to becoming more inventive and quick thinking.

"Dom krag" is not working, our kicking game is not working, ( Come back Fourie Du Preez) and we stumble through first half performances waiting for uitkak by the coach at halftime.

Again, IMHO, very few of the top players have played club or varsity level rugby and their natural athletic abilities are encumbered by over coaching. They get plucked out of school and age level rugby and move straight into top level competition.

On Monday there was a schools rugby competition on Supersport and no doubt the talent scouts were present to see who will next be turned into a coaches robot at the expense of natural talent.

Ive heard the AC tell the players exactly what to do when, this area box kick, this area long kick, this area up and under, this area maul ....

I see 2 of the remaining games for the Sharks will be against the Stormers. Well, that's 10 log points right there already. :whistling: :ph34r:

there's a long history of SA teams at the bottom of the log playing out of their skins to deny another local team qualifying spots. Normally it's the lions playing for pride, but I don't think the sjarkies will be taking a trip to newlands lightly(or bloem which is a home game for most of their squad).

Woohoo

SORRY, can't even defend our team.

But remember, a team with nothing to lose can be a dangerous team.

Your team is playing well today

Your team is playing well today

Bonus point try, minute 48?

Hmmm

Go for the win, please, Stormpies

Sorry Dale, they were doing well.....

Eish!

That Highlanders back play is potent

Classic spear tackle

RED CARD C'mon ref

Yellow, 14 players and 3 points, Stormers leading with 1 lonely point

Yellow, 14 players and 3 points, Stormers leading with 1 lonely point

They should wrap it up now if they are to revive something

Shot Stormers!

Phew!

Credits to the Sharkies for being the 1st overseas winners of the SA conference - shocking stats :-(