Rugby...

'Dale

To retire at 40 (whats the shelf life of a rugby player again?) youll need more than 20million cash to last you to 80 years old.

Its a business. He must go where the money is (as every other person on earth)

Pride doesnt put food on the table or send your kids to university

Maths and finance ..... not strong with this one

If you read any of my comments I said a number of times that they are free to earn what they like. The issue is the way he went about his "grievance". If it was a contractual issue his manager/lawyers could have sorted it out. If he had issues with SARU he should not have been part of the squad (out of principle) if thats what he is sighting his reasons are for leaving mid way and disrupting the entire squad. If he joined that time only to drive his agenda and then hold them ransom then it is even poorer form. What a role model ....Feels like another Rooney/Utd saga .....

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are going to be 2, or even 3 sides to this story. Until we know all the facts ( if we ever do ), then got to take it at face value. Frans has withdrawn for undisclosed reasons. End of! No point speculating, or making sweeping comments or judgements.

Will we miss him on Saturday, and going forward ? For sure we will.

Did we miss him? Not really! Serfontein played a near perfect game. Fransie just played himself right out of the green and gold jersey!

Well done Baby Bokke, good game against the Kiwis.

Skills of these youngsters wow

Edited by ' Dale

Did we miss him? Not really! Serfontein played a near perfect game. Fransie just played himself right out of the green and gold jersey!

And 2 weeks down the line Serfontein gets an injury or has a bad game. We need our best 15 (or 23) to be playing.

I suspect that the Frans Steyn issue is more of a contractual issue between his agents (who have rights) and SARU (who have obligations) which he cannot unilaterally decide on. It might be that SARU suspend their contract with Steyn (not all the Boks are contracted), but that he still becomes available for selection. I'm sure he's the victim here, and not the culprit.

S

Size of these youngsters!! wow

Baie mieliepap en wors nê

Ja, if you say so. They grow them big in blue bulls territory.

I see Goosen injured again... Shame he just can't make it stick, one must feel for him.

Conrad Smith AllBlack centre also out for 6 weeks(pending) with a broken thumb

Ja, if you say so. They grow them big in blue bulls territory.

?

When I was at school the biggest guys in the first team rugby were the size of the scrummies these days. I went to watch a school game the other day and all 3 of the front row weighed between 100-115kms ... for 17/18 year olds.

One only needs to look at the amount of steroid bust there are at school level rugby. My brother played rugby for a prominent school as well as Craven week and I can assure you it is very rife ... nothing to do with blue bulls country

Edited by JGR

?

When I was at school the biggest guys in the first team rugby were the size of the scrummies these days. I went to watch a school game the other day and all 3 of the front row weighed between 100-115kms ... for 17/18 year olds.

One only needs to look at the amount of steroid bust there are at school level rugby. My brother played rugby for a prominent school as well as Craven week and I can assure you it is very rife ... nothing to do with blue bulls country

My old schools scrum this year is the same weight as the 95 world cup..... Apparently..... But they are quite strict about banned substances

My old schools scrum this year is the same weight as the 95 world cup..... Apparently..... But they are quite strict about banned substances

I can believe it, some of the baby boks were in school last year. Centre weighs 105kgs ....

I highly doubt much testing gets done and the busts are normally physically getting caught with the stuff