Rugby...

'Dale

I'm a bit confused, you must be what they call a 'cape crusader'? Your post was a little bit incoherent too, the bit on Mehrtens made no sense - been out with Aaron on the piss?

Yep, once again. Go back like a 100-200 pages. You'll see I'm from the cape, and don't support the crusaders. But we are all painted with same brush.

The point i tried to make with Mehrtens was that yes while we are talking about depth in the boks setup, Pollard > Lambie > Steyn > Goosen. They need to prove themselves to get a place in the team. What Mehrtens was saying is that the All Blacks flyhalves Cruden in question should hope that Barret or Slade does not prove themselves so he can keep he's place.

PS, chill a bit i bet if i was a Bok you make sense of what i said. Bwahahahaha now let me go moer any other bok supporters i see!

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

guess your guppie goldfish memory had already erased the sitter he missed bang in front.

Would you call the drop he landed a sitter, or the final goalkick from the touchline? Perhaps his "Guppie" vision works better under pressure.

Would you call the drop he landed a sitter, or the final goalkick from the touchline? Perhaps his "Guppie" vision works better under pressure.

think you answer yourself there. there's no easier dropkick than right in front after a brazillion phases. and the only kick he got was after the final whistle had gone and meant nothing. No guppie vision from him, but not good enough to be #1 place kicker.

Yep, once again. Go back like a 100-200 pages. You'll see I'm from the cape, and don't support the crusaders. But we are all painted with same brush.

The point i tried to make with Mehrtens was that yes while we are talking about depth in the boks setup, Pollard > Lambie > Steyn > Goosen. They need to prove themselves to get a place in the team. What Mehrtens was saying is that the All Blacks flyhalves Cruden in question should hope that Barret or Slade does not prove themselves so he can keep he's place.

PS, chill a bit i bet if i was a Bok you make sense of what i said. Bwahahahaha now let me go moer any other bok supporters i see!

sorry, don't keep notes on hubbers and their vibe, my bad if we've clashed before on this topic. Still confused, but mainly because it really doesn't make any sense. 

check what the all blacks management did to their first choice number 10, who was "out drinking".

Barret apparently never played like he normally does, i liked what Mehrtens said about the All Blacks flyhalves and the getting picked for the team.

surely carter is the #1, the rest are all just playing for the backup slot? If Barrett has a blinder in the last two RC games, does it mean he's the automatic backup no matter what happens in next year's super rugby? I doubt it, you know they're both got the talent - you go with the form guy then.

Somethings are bigger than the game...

All Blacks pause to flank old 'warrior' foe

post-19077-0-78038800-1412156216_thumb.jpg

On a sun-drenched afternoon at Johannesburg's Witwatersrand University, Joost van der Westhuizen's smile shone brightest.

Confined to a wheelchair, but his fighting spirit there for all to see, the former Springboks captain savoured the chance to meet the All Blacks on Tuesday (NZT Wednesday).

Preparations for this weekend's test against the Springboks were briefly put aside as the All Blacks took time out from training to pay their respects to one of the world's greatest halfbacks.

Full story:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/10565630/All-Blacks-pause-to-flank-old-warrior-foe

who all those girls around joost?

ok ha ha funny funny...well done AB's...nice gesture

According to Beeld, senior players saw White as a school principal who dealt with them as though they were his pupils.

It was announced on Monday that White had parted ways with the Sharks after only a season in charge.

In their official statement on the matter, the Sharks said "the time is right for Jake to free himself up for any international coaching and consulting opportunities ahead of the (World Cup) tournament in England."

However, it appears clear that the Sharks were no longer willing to have White as their Director of Rugby. 

News24

According to Beeld, senior players saw White as a school principal who dealt with them as though they were his pupils.

It was announced on Monday that White had parted ways with the Sharks after only a season in charge.

In their official statement on the matter, the Sharks said "the time is right for Jake to free himself up for any international coaching and consulting opportunities ahead of the (World Cup) tournament in England."

However, it appears clear that the Sharks were no longer willing to have White as their Director of Rugby. 

News24

2 months before team start preparing for Super 15 - not good, must have been pretty bad for that step to be taken.

Now, next question - who will be the next Head Coach?

2 months before team start preparing for Super 15 - not good, must have been pretty bad for that step to be taken.

Now, next question - who will be the next Head Coach?

Former All Blacks coach John Mitchell is emerging as the front-runner to replace Jake White as director of rugby at the Sharks in Durban.

Sportingbet installed Mitchell as 15/8 favourite ahead of former Springboks and Italy coach Nick Mallet at 5/2.

South Africans Gary Gold and Brendan Venter are listed at 5/1 with a return to the job by Sharks stalwart Dick Muir is listed at 7/1.

Full story: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/10571635/John-Mitchell-favourite-for-Sharks-coaching-job

Former All Blacks coach John Mitchell is emerging as the front-runner to replace Jake White as director of rugby at the Sharks in Durban.

Sportingbet installed Mitchell as 15/8 favourite ahead of former Springboks and Italy coach Nick Mallet at 5/2.

South Africans Gary Gold and Brendan Venter are listed at 5/1 with a return to the job by Sharks stalwart Dick Muir is listed at 7/1.

Full story: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/10571635/John-Mitchell-favourite-for-Sharks-coaching-job

Okay - thanks.

Another Kiwi coach for the Sharks maybe, must like them - Kevin Putt, John Plumtree and now possibly John Mitchell.

Okay - thanks.

Another Kiwi coach for the Sharks maybe, must like them - Kevin Putt, John Plumtree and now possibly John Mitchell.

Yip, but Plumtree and Putt were immersed in Sharks rugby culture.

My initial reaction is that Mitchell may struggle to assimilate. He's rumoured to be a fierce disciplinarian... and with the players reportedly unhappy about White's headmaster approach perhaps the twain never shall meet?

His coaching history seems to have a recurring theme of departure with acrimony (ABs - Force - Lions). However, reports from his tenure as Director of Rugby at UKZN are remarkably positive, perhaps he has mellowed somewhat?! Let's hope so. Would be nice to be the bride rather than the bridesmaid for Super Rugby 2015.

My initial reaction is that Mitchell may struggle to assimilate. He's rumoured to be a fierce disciplinarian... and with the players reportedly unhappy about White's headmaster approach perhaps the twain never shall meet?

His coaching history seems to have a recurring theme of departure with acrimony (ABs - Force - Lions). However, reports from his tenure as Director of Rugby at UKZN are remarkably positive, perhaps he has mellowed somewhat?! Let's hope so. Would be nice to be the bride rather than the bridesmaid for Super Rugby 2015.

this sort of bride?

http://cdn4.wsstatic.com/images/products/large/9016da9504b59a6fa872b9a4836392b651fa.jpg

sharks seem to have a recent habit of getting f@#$ed on the big night come finals time! [fair enough, they do hold the currie cup right now]

I did read however somewhere that John Smit and Mitchell did not hit it off that well - could also just be the usual press reporting stuff though.

Mitchell left the Lions under a cloud with players sharing similar concerns of 'school master type coaching' a little while ago

Let's see what happens

Mitchell left the Lions under a cloud with players sharing similar concerns of 'school master type coaching' a little while ago

Let's see what happens

Lot of talk about Nick Mallett, don`t know if he would leave CT though. Mitchell is already settled in Durban.  Interesting times ahead.