Rugby...

'Dale

Saw Rory Cockett run out for France...

Last saw him in a Sharks jersey or something.

Does he have a French ouma or something?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to read into the quality of the Boks' performance against England

But hey, winning at the cauldron that is Twickenham is always a feat.

I was watching in a pub..so missed a lot but England really played ***. Also that crazy bryan habana linout call was quite a pivotal moment..if that had gone according to how it should have, the gap would have been bigger I reckon

Saw Rory Cockett run out for France...

Last saw him in a Sharks jersey or something.

Does he have a French ouma or something?

Been there a few years after leavingj the Lions ...

Been there a few years after leavingj the Lions ...

Okay, cool.

He was even the long-distance place kicker.

Scored a gem of a penalty which took France out of reach by 10

RWC 2015 is going to be entertaining, the games so far show the Northern Hemisphere teams have really upped their game. Pool games NZ have the easiest rounds, England, Australia and Wales with 3 top ten sides ranked appears the hardest. 

RWC 2015 is going to be entertaining, the games so far show the Northern Hemisphere teams have really upped their game. Pool games NZ have the easiest rounds, England, Australia and Wales with 3 top ten sides ranked appears the hardest.

The irish are playing brilliantly

The irish are playing brilliantly

That they are, slight bump today when half time they were only 9-0 up against Georgia but beat Australia next week and i expect they will swap rankings with England who have lost 2 so far. 

Ireland vs Aus

Gonna be a good one.

Wallabies wounded by the French.

Let's see whether the Irish win over the Bokkies was a fluke.

I see Mr Walsh do not have an idea how to ref rolling mauls.  Merely putting your hand on the man's bum or back in front of you is not binding.  Your shoulder must touch the man in front of you.  Both England and SA conned him in that regard.

And that lineout call was terrible.  I am just sure we will see more of the same next year with the RWC. 

Oh, and as usual it looks like the French will be peaking at the RWC.  Hope they end up playing the ABs again.  Will be very interesting.

Edited by Moridin

More a case of the amount of rugby the Southern hemisphere teams play.

We play too much rugby, next is RWC and still Super 15, currie cup, etc.

Should be interesting to see how the teams are managed, may be a big factor in the WC.

Making excuses quiet early on for a possible AB win at the RWC I see..........

More a case of the amount of rugby the Southern hemisphere teams play.

We play too much rugby, next is RWC and still Super 15, currie cup, etc.

Should be interesting to see how the teams are managed, may be a big factor in the WC.

Making excuses quiet early on for a possible AB win at the RWC I see..........

It is more a case of bigger pools of contracted players for Northern Hemisphere sides and better player management as a result. An England national playing for say Saracens that ends up playing all club and international games will end up with a similar number of games played as a WP / Stormers Springbok playing all his WP / Stormers and Springbok games. 

The North has worked out that they can shop for relatively cheaply in the South to top up their club stock and have big player pools. The South still shop internally and have not yet realized that they could potentially shop in places like Canada, Georgia, the South Sea, Japan, Russia etc. 

The long term upside for the South is that there is a better conveyor belt of young talent, but the downside is increased workload on player pools that is simply not big enough. 

So I hear Vermuelan has been offered R7.9million a year by Bath? 

It's really disappointing to see players being lured overseas by money, but then again 99% of us would do the same. Money speaks.

So I hear Vermuelan has been offered R7.9million a year by Bath? 

It's really disappointing to see players being lured overseas by money, but then again 99% of us would do the same. Money speaks.

how much does he make at weepee/stormers? and combined blend with springbok contract?

He would clean up in northern hemisphere, he's still only 28/29, could get quite a few years up norf.

how much does he make at weepee/stormers? and combined blend with springbok contract?

He would clean up in northern hemisphere, he's still only 28/29, could get quite a few years up norf.

He would absolutely rip it up over there. 

Whatever he is making for WP and Springboks I am sure it isn't close to what Bath can offer. Also, I think there is an allure about living overseas for a few years. 

Supersport did mention something about how "contracted" springboks aren't allowed to "negotiate" with any clubs until after the 1st of July next year. So, I think they getting worried about a bit of an exodus of talent from the local game.