Rugby...

'Dale

What amazes me is that a Sharks team can go onto a field and kick all their ball away to a team with back line players that can run from anywhere on the park. Surely the way to stop a team like that is by keeping the possession and forcing penalties. I am not sure of the stats but I'm almost certain that the 'Saders are in the top three position for penalties against.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Law 2.6 SPARE BALLS

Spare balls may be available during a match, but a team must not gain or attempt to gain an unfair advantage by using them or changing them.

On the kick-off the law has a regulation regarding the receiving team, in this case the Bulls.

Law 13.4 POSITION OF THE OPPOSING TEAM AT A KICK-OFF

All the opposing team must stand on or behind the 10-metre line. If they are in front of that line or if they charge before the ball is kicked, it is kicked-off again.

In the referee's judgement, all 15 Bulls' players were well beyond their own 10-metre line. This includes Jacques-Louis Potgieter who had taken the kick and was least likely to be back in place. The Bulls had players to receive the shallow kickoff by Marnitz Boshoff - JJ Engelbrecht with Spies and Deon Stegmann in support.

What a Stormers performance in Sydney

De Jongh and De Allende will definitely be my Bok mid-field duo

@flymango

Well done on them Cheetahs in Perth!

Some more questionable off-the-ball play by the Sharkies hey

Pity. Uncool.

GO LEEUTJIES!

Edited by ' Dale

What a Stormers performance in Sydney

De Jongh and De Allende will definitely be my Bok mid-field duo

@flymango

Well done on them Cheetahs in Perth!

Thanks 'Dale. Talk about a bottom of the log contest. Will be interesting to see how the trip home influences their performance against the Reds next Saturday. How good was Brussow - yet again!!  He has no equal in world rugby.

Nail biting finish for the Lions, was hoping for the 4th try to get bonus points but the sharks defense held. 

Alberts was a bit of a chop this weekend by not going over to Richards when he (accidently) knocked him out. Decent thing to do would be to go check that he is ok. His attitude fits right in with the Sharks thuggish behavior this season.

Alberts was a bit of a chop this weekend by not going over to Richards when he (accidently) knocked him out. Decent thing to do would be to go check that he is ok. His attitude fits right in with the Sharks thuggish behavior this season.

Very very true

Poor sportsmanship

That was quite a collision

I reckon he got a big skrik himself especially in light of the Sharks' reputation as vuil spelers

support your team and country no matter what

http://images.supersport.com/content/15aprilstormersbudgies.jpg

who are these pansies???

http://images.supersport.com/content/15aprilmatfieldredheart.jpg

Edited by Shebeen