Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sharks supporters are almost booing harder than the Lions supporters....... Commin bunch!!!!

STORMERS STORMERS STORMERS STORMERS STORMERS STORMERS STORMERS STORMERS

Way to go Lions :thumbup: Lost it a bit in the 2nd half but got the win.

Good one for the Leeutjies, Scotty!

Now down the Bulletjies as well in a few weeks. :-)

Unbelievable.

And superman Kolisi - wow!

And Kolisi is not even in the bok squad......... They are Underestimating England,and its going to bite them in the ass, and choosing wynand Olivier. Oh please.......

I thought that those missed line out calls would sink the Stormers.

Their defense was just awesome. :-)

Edited by Puncheur

Bulls vs. Stormers was a tight game. Bulls back-line play was one dimensional, the wings never got the ball. Imo it is a mistake to move Hougard to wing, it takes him out of the game completely because of how they play, and weakens the defence in the 9-10 channel. Perhaps the back-line driving was because the Stormers forced them to play like this. They could have drop-kicked more, when they saw they could not breach the defence. Good win for the Stormers, with a lot of injuries. Kolisi was super Habanna had good games.

Re. the bok squad:

It looks quite good, looks like form playes were selected. Glad to see no old playes coming out of retirement, although I thought the Fourie dP captain anouncement was already made? We have enough talent, and need to look towards the next WC. Kirchner and W Olivier will not make my B team, prefer Lambie, Steyn, Taute at 15, and how about de Jong at center? I also wont go with Spies and Potgieter [edit re Potgieter: I may be confusing players ]with the fwds.

Edited by Christie

Sweet stormers. That last try was technically brilliant. Great line and offload by Siya. Can't teach that. I rate him to be a bok for a long time. Bok squad? Where is Brussouw? I thought he was a guarantee. Nice for Keegan though. Hope he starts at 8. Jean at 13?

Bulls vs. Stormers was a tight game. Bulls back-line play was one dimensional, the wings never got the ball. Imo it is a mistake to move Hougard to wing, it takes him out of the game completely because of how they play, and weakens the defence in the 9-10 channel. Perhaps the back-line driving was because the Stormers forced them to play like this. They could have drop-kicked more, when they saw they could not breach the defence. Good win for the Stormers, with a lot of injuries. Kolisi was super Habanna had good games.

Bulls' ball was too slow to stun the well organised Stormers defence, alongside their one-dimensional play.

Steyn's drop kicks (missed) was a psychological boost for the visiting team as the Bulls could not penetrate.

Even the Spies try was questionable.

Bulls' ball was too slow to stun the well organised Stormers defence, alongside their one-dimensional play.

Steyn's drop kicks (missed) was a psychological boost for the visiting team as the Bulls could not penetrate.

Even the Spies try was questionable.

Steyn may just as well shouted his moves to the Stormers as he was so predictable. He is getting old.

Not sure whether to comment about the Bok squad on this thread or on the "More Steyn" thread, but here goes ...

... based on the squad announced, here's my starting line up with the bench for the tests. Then for fun, I select a "midweek" team, with the starting test team not allowed in the midweek team at all.

With my eye on the future, Chili's my captain, much the same way Francois Pienaar was chosen as captain by Kitch Christie (i.e. not the first choice player in his position but the first choice captain yet can stand his own in his position).

MY TEST TEAM

15 Lambie

14 JP

13 Jean

12 Francois Steyn

11 Habana

10 "More" Steyn

9 Hougaard

8 Spies

7 Alberts

6 Marcel Coetzee (displacing Brussouw - biggest shock)

5 Juandre Kruger

4 Eben Etzebeth

3 Jannie

2 Chiliboy (captain)

1 Beast

TEST BENCH

16 Ruan

17 Zane Kirchner

18 Werner Kruger

19 Bismarck

20 Franco vd Merwe

21 Keegan Daniel

MY "MIDWEEK" TEAM

15 Kirchner

14 Basson

13 Wynand Olivier (I wouldn't have him in my squad)

12 JJ Engelbrecht (even though a wing but based on my own selection criteria)

11 Mvovo (up until the Loftus game he was my first choice but Habana playing of his best rugby at the moment - but Mvovo's time will come)

10 Elton (deserves to be in the squad, but I think lucky that Goosen is injured)

9 Ruan Pienaar

8 Keegan Daniel

7 Jacques Potgieter (he may yet make the test line up - together with Kolisi the find of the season in my view)

6 Kankowski (doesn't deserve his place compared to Brussouw and Kolisi)

5 Flip van der Merwe

4 Franco van der Merwe (good player - he'll still have his day in the test team)

3 Werner Kruger (solid tighthead and may yet displace Jannie in the test team)

2 Adriaan Strauss (world class player at the wrong place and time with Bismarck and Chiliboy)

1 Coenie Oosthuizen (his work rate may yet see him on the test bench ahead of Werner - all depends on who is going to play 80 - Beast or Jannie?)

MIDWEEK BENCH

16 Jano Vermaak (Why he's in I don't know. Good, solid player, but I'm not sure he's international caliber. And the way the Bulls use him and move Hougaard is a strategic mistake in my view. Cost them big time against the Stormers.)