Rugby...

'Dale

Cape Town - SANZAR head of referees Lyndon Bray confirmed on Wednesday that New Zealand referee Bryce Lawrence’s Test career is over, according to EWN Sport.

Lawrence, who was unbelievably named New Zealand’s referee of the year in 2011, has been in freefall since taking charge of the Rugby World Cup quarter-final between the Springboks and Wallabies, a game where he allowed the Wallabies the freedom of the park as they won despite having little possession.

Lawrence was widely criticised for his handling of the game, which bundled the Springboks out of the World Cup and was subsequently not given any Six Nations games at the beginning of 2012, with Sanzar refereeing boss Lyndon Bray admitting he needed to be “rehabilitated” following the performance.

From news24

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cape Town - SANZAR head of referees Lyndon Bray confirmed on Wednesday that New Zealand referee Bryce Lawrence’s Test career is over, according to EWN Sport.

Lawrence, who was unbelievably named New Zealand’s referee of the year in 2011, has been in freefall since taking charge of the Rugby World Cup quarter-final between the Springboks and Wallabies, a game where he allowed the Wallabies the freedom of the park as they won despite having little possession.

Lawrence was widely criticised for his handling of the game, which bundled the Springboks out of the World Cup and was subsequently not given any Six Nations games at the beginning of 2012, with Sanzar refereeing boss Lyndon Bray admitting he needed to be “rehabilitated” following the performance.

From news24

Shout it from the rooftops!!! Certain people (i.e. poophols) just cannot be rehabilitated...

I'm not a whinger BUT....

Send to SA for his retirement...."pappa wag vir jou!!"

That oke is a proper tjop, here's hoping his falls off.

Whilst an admission that "die ref het gekroek", the sad thing is it can't change history.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeez I hope the tjaaarkies but it will be tough.

Need a bit luck on this one I think....

Sharks 20

Chiefs 15

I am with you on this one, Sharks have proved travelling does not have to be a fator. I think those tjaaaarkies are hungry....Bring it home :thumbup:

you get your money?

I am with you on this one, Sharks have proved travelling does not have to be a fator. I think those tjaaaarkies are hungry....Bring it home :thumbup:

you get your money?

Thanks mnr...I did get a notification. Will send pics of wetnose dogs when I make delivery of their goodies.

Die honde se baie dankie hoor :thumbup:

Thanks mnr...I did get a notification. Will send pics of wetnose dogs when I make delivery of their goodies.

Die honde se baie dankie hoor :thumbup:

Se dankie vir die Stormers

you get your money?

Interstingly, I went to a talk by Tim Noakes yesterday at my son's school...

taht guy is brilliant by the way...

anyways, so i ask him about Sharks chances tomorrow...

his reply....

"the Sarks will be down by between 10 -15 points before they run onto the field"...based purely on their extensive traveling and the fact that Chiefs could sit at home for the last two weeks"...

so for a Sharks win...they need to be better than the Chiefs by 15 points...are they?

very inetresting perspective....