Rugby...

'Dale

Yooh how we needed Pollard to see this game through to the end and the result may have been different. Real pity he lasted a few mins.

In my view is it now safe to say that Elton is not fit for the Boks 10 jersey. He has been given sufficient opportunity to prove himself at this level and continues to fail. Saturday playing a behind a dominant pack (for most of the game) and a 9 with proper service, he's decision making was poor whether under instruction or not, he's execution was even worse. I think costing us a great chance to pull a hard fought win over the Mighty AB's.

Moving forward we need Pollard fit and playing rugby again. Look forward to him in combination with Serfontein and Kriel working under Mitchell.

This kid will become a super star. Lets just hope he stays fit and is not picked up by the oversees club scouts in the off season.

https://youtu.be/Jr2KXmXV1CQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same team that has been thrashing every other team this year. Did you watch the game?

actually no. The 'invincible' All Black aura makes everyone just assume they are just so much better.

Like opening try,

post-1830-0-53563000-1507561229_thumb.png

Jesse kriel is closest to the ball from about 10m out. Barret plays him three times, and it ends up with this. I'm not really complaining about what Barrett did, it's a competitive footrace, but what rks me is that the ABs get away with this stuff all the time and no one even says anything. It's just taken for granted, and one can only assume that the refs are blinded by it too. One forward pass from Michalak and they get the next 20 years of 50/50 decisions going their way?

RC 2017 - AB's end up  miles in front on the log, but wasn't as strong on the actual field.

Game 1 - blow aussie away in first half to be 40-6 up, but actually lose 2nd half (14-28)

Game 2 - hectic game, ABs score a try off the last move to win 35-29

Game 3 -  @50mins they're 15-22 down to Pumas at home with Barrett in the bin. pull clear in the last 1/4

Game 4-  57- 0  against boks. when it goes right, everything goes right.

Game 5 - pumas never in the game - 10-36

Game 6 - win by 1 against Boks, 34-35.

and that's after drawing the series with the B&I Lions when everyone expected them to be miles out front.

Here's the AB ranking over time. Yes this current team is #1, but I think they've got a lot more weaknesses than in the past. The teams 2-5 need to pull their socks up and take advantage.

300px-New_Zealand_IRB_World_Rankings.png

This kid will become a super star. Lets just hope he stays fit and is not picked up by the oversees club scouts in the off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

THIS!

We have seen what the AB's can do, they have definitely peaked.

We have so much political, financial and inter provincial stuff dragging us back, imagine how good we could be once we sort it out? or just some of it?

Imagine the proteas attack, with 4 KG - will be like the windies in the 70's and 80's

CURRIE CUP time  - final round of league matches.

1.Sharks - played 11, won 10 - 47 points

guaranteed top spot on the log, 10 wins on the trot.

2.WP  - played 11 won 6 - 32 points

They play Game 2 of the weekend. Sharks might just run out with reserves, as this game has no affect on their position. WP are playing for a home semi, a loss will result in an away semi to the winner of Game 3

3.Cheetahs played 11, won 6 - 31 points

4.Lions played 11 won 5 -30 pts

winner goes through to play WP. Loser is out depending on the result of friday night's Game 1

Cheetahs have done damn well, considering this has effectively been their b team since Pro14 started.

5.Bulls  played 11 won 4 27 pts.

6. Pumas played 11 won 4 26 pts

Bulls need to win and they should get 4th spot. Pumas still in with a mathematical shot, should they win and Lions lose.  This is the scenario, and ignores certain losing bonus points, 4 tries etc as that just makes it too complicated. this can be looked at after game 1 on friday night.

my prediction

Bulls to win

WP to beat a rested Sharks team

Lions to win

semis - Sharks - Bulls; WP-Lions  

interesting FACT #1 - there is a mutual benefit to cheetahs and lions to draw, will snuff out the bulls.

Fact #2 7 teams in the league, only 2 have positive points differences!

CURRIE CUP time  - final round of league matches.

1.Sharks - played 11, won 10 - 47 points

guaranteed top spot on the log, 10 wins on the trot.

2.WP  - played 11 won 6 - 32 points

They play Game 2 of the weekend. Sharks might just run out with reserves, as this game has no affect on their position. WP are playing for a home semi, a loss will result in an away semi to the winner of Game 3

3.Cheetahs played 11, won 6 - 31 points

4.Lions played 11 won 5 -30 pts

winner goes through to play WP. Loser is out depending on the result of friday night's Game 1

Cheetahs have done damn well, considering this has effectively been their b team since Pro14 started.

5.Bulls  played 11 won 4 27 pts.

6. Pumas played 11 won 4 26 pts

Bulls need to win and they should get 4th spot. Pumas still in with a mathematical shot, should they win and Lions lose.  This is the scenario, and ignores certain losing bonus points, 4 tries etc as that just makes it too complicated. this can be looked at after game 1 on friday night.

my prediction

Bulls to win

WP to beat a rested Sharks team

Lions to win

semis - Sharks - Bulls; WP-Lions  

interesting FACT #1 - there is a mutual benefit to cheetahs and lions to draw, will snuff out the bulls.

Fact #2 7 teams in the league, only 2 have positive points differences!

Nope

Sharks are playing full strength.

Nope

Sharks are playing full strength.

yup. Sharks full strength, they had a bye last weekend.cheetahs playing their Pro 14 team too.

Gonna be interesting

Cool to see former player Egon Seconds on duty as assistant ref at final Bledisloe Cup

I reckon the jerseys featuring Aboriginal art helped the Aussies win ????????

Think it must be some kind of record for a final game - Four members of one family (du Preez) in the final.

definitely for SA

but abroad there's 5 Tuilagis playing for Somoa, and one for England. All brothers. They might have played in a final somewhere together.

four Whitelock brothers

four Barrett brothers could see the NPC involving them all