Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Admittedly, the NZ squad was down with a tummy bug all week.

Sensitive tummy those Kiwi's The veel vet skaapribbetjies kan ook gippoguts gee. Is dit nie ook wat hulle ge-claim het in 95 WC nie????

Poofters!!! Vat jou pakslae soos n man!. Gyppo guts is an old excuse

Shame man, they did not look themselves today...

:-D

• 5 months later...

Wonder how the Cheetahs will do in the S15? I'll bet my car, house and wife they'll be in the top 6 come mid-season. Not sure how they'll finish though.

Wonder how the Cheetahs will do in the S15? I'll bet my car, house and wife they'll be in the top 6 come mid-season. Not sure how they'll finish though.

:clap: :clap:

Cheeky...

:-P

Sanzar’s head of referees Lyndon Bray has come out to say the awarding of a penalty try to the Melbourne Rebels during their game against the Stormers was “an honest mistake”.

Bray, who has been open and forthright about decisions this year, disagreed with the SA Rugby Referees assessment of the penalty try during last weekend’s 30-21 win for the Rebels, saying the penalty try awarded to the Rebels should not have been awarded as a knock on had occurred.

From Supersport

Sanzar’s head of referees Lyndon Bray has come out to say the awarding of a penalty try to the Melbourne Rebels during their game against the Stormers was “an honest mistake”.

Bray, who has been open and forthright about decisions this year, disagreed with the SA Rugby Referees assessment of the penalty try during last weekend’s 30-21 win for the Rebels, saying the penalty try awarded to the Rebels should not have been awarded as a knock on had occurred.

From Supersport

Score was 30-21. If penalty was wrong score would have been 23-21. Stormers still lost. Useless team.

Score was 30-21. If penalty was wrong score would have been 23-21. Stormers still lost. Useless team.

Quite convenient to just ignore the context of the game. With a 9 point difference there is little hope of overturning the result and the last few minutes,but with a 2 point difference there is everything to play for. All you need is a penalty or a drop goal.

Quite convenient to just ignore the context of the game. With a 9 point difference there is little hope of overturning the result and the last few minutes,but with a 2 point difference there is everything to play for. All you need is a penalty or a drop goal.

Some minds will not be able to comprehend. I will attempt to explain it using small words though.

I was watching the IPL game last nigh between Rajastan Royals and Sunrisers Hyderabad. 17th over and Dale Seyn was bowling. The ball clipped the batsman's pads and went down to fine leg for a single. The ump signalled a wide. There was something like 24 required off 16 balls at this stage. The last ball of the over was again a wide resulting in 2 more runs and the next ball also conceded runs.

You could argue that if the first wide was never called, the first wide and the 6 additional runs off that over was never scored. As it was the RR's won with 4 deliveries to spare after hitting 2 sixes off the first 2 balls of the over. 18 off the last over would have been much tougher than 12.

Similarly in a rugby game bad decisions by refs influence the outcome. It is part of it and it would not help to cry about it. You simply need to move on. A bonus point at the least and 4 points on the road may not have turned the Stormers season around as they are playing some very average footie at the moment, but you may well find a change in personnel at the end of the season due to the less than average showing this season. One or 2 more bad decisions going against them will not do players and management any favors when the Springbok side is selected or when contracts need to be renewed.

Anyway not so many small words afterall, but perhaps some old f arts need to stop trolling and look towards his better half for attention and affection rather than making a menace of himself here.