Fikile Mbalula - you are doing it wrong!

Tiny K

So I am watching the SABC 3 news this evening and they have a report of Fikile riding with a 'peleton' promoting drug free sport......

The problem I have with this is that they took over the entire width of of the road! Riding over a solid white line! (and they show this on TV).

Great that he is pushing drug free sport, but what message is he communicating to the public?

Every week there is a rant about idiot cyclists that ride stupidly, but surely the heads of sport should know the rules of the road?! and so should the other cyclists?!

My rant for the day.....

a minister of government, i'll bet they had, as Big_H suggested above, a rolling road closure. Then it's ok if they took up the road.

A South African politician on a bike! (Other than Antie Helen, that is) Even if he is doing the no-helmet thing, at least he's on a bike. Gotta start somewhere. Invite him on more rides, he's shown a willingness that others have not.

R You serious Dale?

Also recall it being said the he's doing the Argus. (Auntie Helen has got competition)

yeah, they mentioned that he was possibly riding the argus.... not 100% confirmed though.

Also may have had rolling road closure. But then again, what example does that set? Parliamentarians get road closures to protect them, but the pleb on the street has to fight with cars, trucks and taxi's to keep their lives safe and get to their destination in one piece :eek:

I am irritated this evening, so anything at this point will grate me! NEED to go ride!!! :cursing:

I am irritated this evening, so anything at this point will grate me! NEED to go ride!!! :cursing:

Medallion tomorrow? Burn it both ends? Only one sleep!

Medallion tomorrow? Burn it both ends? Only one sleep!

Nah, doing a ride from Wellington to the top of Franschoek pass and back. Might see you guys on the road if we get out at the right time :thumbup:

It is just amazing how some people can just see good things in a bad way! Frikkin hel...Cycle Lab got Fikile out there to ride and create drug free sports! Threy had road closure so they will not be irresponsible. Cool way to get cycling more involved and create awareness!!!

Edited by AuctionLamb

A South African politician on a bike! (Other than Antie Helen, that is) Even if he is doing the no-helmet thing, at least he's on a bike. Gotta start somewhere. Invite him on more rides, he's shown a willingness that others have not.

Cope leader has done a couple of Pnp Argus Cycle tours, Terror Lekota or something like that.

Hi,

In the insert on TV that I saw he was being pushed along by another cyclist, just hope he gets a little fitter by Argus! But the way I see it is that he is there and he is on a bike. Well done.

Safe cycling

Sarge

Now we just need to get Juju on the bike - then cycling will really get liftoff in SA :)

He can ride tandam with Helen Zille, or better still the Epic next year.