[Event] Bay City Cycle Tour Funride & League Event

'Dale

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jungleplaya, I also blame age for the fact that I could not remember your Hub name. :blush:

If I looked at the correct name, it seems as if you also bettered last year's time by about 30 minutes. Way to go, bro! :thumbup:

Well im glad for that. Guess its all that motivational talk you were giving us enroute :w00t:

Im not one to look at results of races except for the Argus :whistling:

you doing the MTB race Sunday, would be lekker to follow your wheel.... he he he

Well im glad for that. Guess its all that motivational talk you were giving us enroute :w00t:

Im not one to look at results of races except for the Argus :whistling:

you doing the MTB race Sunday, would be lekker to follow your wheel.... he he he

Nah, the Mtb Argus is overcrowded and the track congested. Want to ride a Mtb race, not walk it. ^_^

Like yooooor! Same in Group I. It seems as if there are guys with a death wish. And it wasnt just the younger crowd, it was more the experienced older guys....(some of which were league riders)....

that league rider was crossing the wite line as if he was on a motor bike... wasnt to impressed with the 2 non-races riding in I bunch as well.

Any ideas who the gentleman photographer was at the top of OKW?

i would like to know too as he could help me with a query. He was on OKW and the last little bump on Spaanschemaat rd.

Same here, and I heard no noise when I went over, went back to the guy standing there and he said no I must not worry it picked it up.

At least I crossed over just after MTB_Roadie so he can vouch for me, have contacted them.

I hear there were a few guys who suffered the same fate, I'm keeping fingers crossed.

Feel out of depth posting on this thread :blush: but I was riding in Z group and approx 3/4km in a rider in Niche Logistics (blue and orange) kit went down after a squirrel tried committing suicide by running across the road just as the bunch was passing by. Luckily I just managed to avoid the crash. There was quite a big Niche Logistics group so if anyone know's how the rider is please post.

My first time doing Ou Kaapse and man is it a beast! I live in the Northern suburbs and thought Helshoogte (new) would give me an idea of what to expect on OKW. My main thought going up was not to get off my bike for any reason and was happy with my 3:16 finish. By the way, what sort of finish time would that give me for the Argus (also my first attempt this year)?

Any ideas who the gentleman photographer was at the top of OKW?

Ok Mr Houdini Ninja CVANC - how, where, and when did you ride off the front of A? I thought Warren's mad dash 3kms from the end was good enough, even though he was caught on the line. did you use your invisibility cloak and pull a fast on over all of us?

Ok Mr Houdini Ninja CVANC - how, where, and when did you ride off the front of A? I thought Warren's mad dash 3kms from the end was good enough, even though he was caught on the line. did you use your invisibility cloak and pull a fast on over all of us?

About 2 mins after we chatted I slowly broke off the front, don't believe anyone was interested to persuit so I just kept going.

Feel out of depth posting on this thread :blush: but I was riding in Z group and approx 3/4km in a rider in Niche Logistics (blue and orange) kit went down after a squirrel tried committing suicide by running across the road just as the bunch was passing by. Luckily I just managed to avoid the crash. There was quite a big Niche Logistics group so if anyone know's how the rider is please post.

My first time doing Ou Kaapse and man is it a beast! I live in the Northern suburbs and thought Helshoogte (new) would give me an idea of what to expect on OKW. My main thought going up was not to get off my bike for any reason and was happy with my 3:16 finish. By the way, what sort of finish time would that give me for the Argus (also my first attempt this year)?

As far as I'm concerned, CJM, if you raced yesterday, then your view is valued and welcome.

This is not the Elite list or E group list. It is the cyclist's list.

OKW is a great climb.

And how is that final kick in gradient just before the Silvermine Nature Reserve entrance. Eina!

Sub 4:00 would be good goal for you, considering yesterday's form.

Maybe 4:15.

Rough guess.

About 2 mins after we chatted I slowly broke off the front, don't believe anyone was interested to persuit so I just kept going.

Very sneaky indeed. It was rather pedestrian when we chatted, and you were complaining about not being fast or strong. Pfft! 40kms off the front on your own just proves you wrong!

Very sneaky indeed. It was rather pedestrian when we chatted, and you were complaining about not being fast or strong. Pfft! 40kms off the front on your own just proves you wrong!

60km's ;) but honestly, nowhere as strong as I used to be.

so you mean the 9 guys that beat you

I would say half the guys that beat me...... the other half were the ones that sat in the bunch (like I should have) and conserved their energy for Ou Kaaps <_<