All things Colnago

StevieL

Hey Cippo,

I saw the Mapei on the web and figured it was way cheaper to spray mine then try and get hold of one, Annette at Cycledelic did the job, all hand painted no stickers at all.

Hi Alain

Please can you tell me where you got you bike resprayed and what was the cost if you don't mind me asking?

Apparently Annette at Cycledelic did it...

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From reading on international forums it's reported that Colnago will be releasing the C60 later this year. Sad thing, in opinion is that indications are that it will only be supplied with BB30. For some purists the dismay is that it will also only be avaable in a sloping geometry. One good thing is that it will be a dual fitment for mechanical and electronic groupsets. What say you?

Re the c60, bb30 and sloping only sounds like a change in manufacturing process. I wonder if it will be made in Italy still?

Colnagos are not super light, but lots lighter than Pinarello, imo they do not have to chase lower weight so much. They are currently far behind Cervelo, Cannondale and Scott in terms of weight, but I doubt that they will win customers from that market even if they make a sub 900 frame.

I dont mind a frame that slopes a bit, and bb30 vs threaded bb should not alter the overall shape of the frame much.

The font of decal is said to change as well, all attributed to Ernesto's nephew who is heading up design. It will still be a tube to tube construction so likelihood is that manufacturing will remain in Italy. It will be dissapointing if they move away from threaded BB because even with new Campag Over-torque crank a cup set is available for threaded BB's.

If Im not mistaken, Campy will release a bb30 crank soon (if they have not already).

I wonder if this will be the begining of the end for Italian thread?

Colnago has been English thread BB for the last couple of years now.

Do you know when they changed?

I bought a Colnago pantographed FSA compact crank set a couple of years ago, but the BB is English and it won't fit any of my current Nagos. Though haven't tried on my Dream, which circa 2002.

Do you know when they changed?

I bought a Colnago pantographed FSA compact crank set a couple of years ago, but the BB is English and it won't fit any of my current Nagos. Though haven't tried on my Dream, which circa 2002.

I think its quite recent, since Giant started building bikes for them(even though the C59 is made in Italy). I did read that the Master is the only Italian thread bike they make. I'm pretty sure your Dream will be Italian.

Edited by javadude

If Im not mistaken, Campy will release a bb30 crank soon (if they have not already).

I wonder if this will be the begining of the end for Italian thread?

It's called the Comp Ultra. It will be lighter than the current SR titanium crank. It will however be compatible with BSA, BB30 and BB86. Read more here,

http://www.campagnolo.com/jsp/en/groupsetdetail/item_comp-ultra-crankstet-over-torque_catid_12.jsp

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4014/4578646815_dba75ffdd9_b.jpg

Gummibear where your pics gone would like to have a look ?

• 1 month later...