26" 27.5" and 29" Wheels and mtb's.

RodTi

I've said it before somewhere on another thread here on the Hub, 26, 27 & 29 must compete in their own categories. It's only a matter of time before they split them up.

Don't think so. What you saying is that Burry will then have to ride in the 29" cat and Nino in the 650b cat and the 26" boys in their own cat. So there will be three races for the men and three for the ladies. Thats crazy. Never! The only thing that could happen, which I doubt, is having a one size standard, but that's like pulling a lolly pop from someone's mouth as soon as she gets to the sherbet after sucking a long time..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bicycle wheels come in different sizes, just like people. So pick the tyre size that works the best (comfort, fit, and whatever else) from 12", 16", 20", 24" an adults 26", 27.5", 29"

In the greater scheme of things it is a personal choice, and as immaterial to others as to what you max heart rate compared to them is.

I've said it before somewhere on another thread here on the Hub, 26, 27 & 29 must compete in their own categories. It's only a matter of time before they split them up.

Don't think so. What you saying is that Burry will then have to ride in the 29" cat and Nino in the 650b cat and the 26" boys in their own cat. So there will be three races for the men and three for the ladies. Thats crazy. Never! The only thing that could happen, which I doubt, is having a one size standard, but that's like pulling a lolly pop from someone's mouth as soon as she gets to the sherbet after sucking a long time..

Yep, this makes as much sense as to have a different category for red bicycles (as we KNOW that red bikes are faster) ;)

After yesterday I am confused, should I sell my bikes, keep em ?

Not sure :wacko:

What was that about the 26" hardtail being dead & buried?

horrible conclusion there nathrix. but i dont see a problem with the UCI pulling a standard, and leaving the wheel size fights to the public. Every other sport does it, and no-one get's the lollypops pulled early over it. I dont get the angst with enforcing a standard.

You watch & see, won't be long.

What was that about the 26" hardtail being dead & buried?

Now you love flapping your lips when you know very little.

That was anything but a 26" bike.

It was a custom build, even the fork dropouts were extended.

The only thing that make 650b attractive to the DEAD 26" wheel is that it can be used with very little fuss, which makes the DEAD 26 " bike a 27.5" bike.

But heed my advice, enjoy the mud clearance (lack of) :thumbup:

Oh and Kerris, I was being hellishly sarcastic with my first post in this topic.

Edited by Dangle

After yesterday I am confused, should I sell my bikes, keep em ?

Not sure :wacko:

Sell em. Stick to running. No, wait. You suck at that too :whistling:

Now you love flapping your lips when you know very little.

That was anything but a 26" bike.

It was a custom build, even the fork dropouts were extended.

The only thing that make 650b attractive to the DEAD 26" wheel is that it can be used with very little fuss, which makes the DEAD 26 " bike an 27.5" bike.

I wasn't actually talking about 650b at all, so talk about flapping your lips. Seems to have been a lot of 26" hardtails being ridden.

Not me. I abide by Angus' rules.

Edited by TNT1

You watch & see, won't be long.

650B has been used for a while by smaller riders in UCI(road) and ITU(triathlon) events competing against 700C riders ;)

Edited by HEman

I wasn't actually talking about 650b at all, so talk about flapping your lips. Seems to have been a lot of 26" hardtails being ridden.

Not to worry, I didn't say tomorrow.

So you can still justify your purchase a little while longer.

Edited by Dangle

650B has been used for a while by smaller riders in UCI(road) and ITU(triathlon) events competing against 700C riders ;)

I catch your drift, I will even go as far as to say that the biggest demand for 650B will be from S.A. and ultimately the marketers will be blamed again.

Are you serious?

Why don't we split hard tail and full suss then?

Different colors maybe?

This isn't F1 & the costs of changing wheel size are not prohibitive. The champs will ride whatever suits them best for different courses. Simple.

At least us roadies lose NO sleep about wheel size!

Are you serious?

Why don't we split hard tail and full suss then?

Different colors maybe?

This isn't F1 & the costs of changing wheel size are not prohibitive. The champs will ride whatever suits them best for different courses. Simple.

At least us roadies lose NO sleep about wheel size!

Yep, why stop here? Lets differentiate based on spoke count as well. Heck what about crank and stem length? We can keep going at this until everybody is a category winner!